View Single Post
erkee
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Well – I guess I should start by saying that this is the 4th time I have seen them this tour... Dallas, The Gorge, SA, and here... SA left me with a bitter taste - left me being greedy and wanting more... but I still enjoyed myself... but Saturday 's show in Cape Girardeau was what I needed to cap off the last time I will be able to see them for some time…

We were on the right side of the stage when facing it, about 10 rows away and 10 rows up… 123 Row H seats 1-4.

I was worried about the C.G. show due to the bitterness I had from the SA show and the fact that they played Bonnaroo the night before. Right when we got to our seats and saw how close we were though, things started to convince me otherwise … plus the venue probably only held about 3k people tops (if that).

Another good sign… I got one of Maynard 's " Puscifer" business cards from what looked like one of his models on his site … she walked right by us and my buddy went up to her and asked if he could get one for me.

Then they come out on stage… and they look like they're in really good moods… Maynard was a lot more talkative than usual. And from where we were sitting, it looked like he was looking right at us the whole time… we could see the bands faces clear as day.

Exact setlist of SA, but the sound was soooo much better than SA – and they played Vicarious which they left out of SA' s set… holy f*ckin $hit… the laser show on those last songs were incredible… it looked like it formed a big web over the whole crowd…

My moment:
There was a time during the instrumental break in Lateralus that I felt like Maynard was looking at us and then the weirdest thing, every little thing I was doing with my arms, he seemed to do right after I started doing it… most likely wasn't happening that way in reality, but it felt that way to me and is a moment I wont ever forget… I felt completely connected to my favorite band and the music they played.

I am glad my sister got to see them in true form. My only regret for this show was that all my friends that went with me to the SA show couldn't see it… I wish they all could have seen this show…

Until my next Tool experience…

Thanks Tool!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/16 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Show Me Center

Well – I guess I should start by saying that this is the 4th time I have seen them this tour... Dallas, The Gorge, SA, and here... SA left me with a bitter taste - left me being greedy and wanting more... but I still enjoyed myself... but Saturday 's show in Cape Girardeau was what I needed to cap off the last time I will be able to see them for some time…

We were on the right side of the stage when facing it, about 10 rows away and 10 rows up… 123 Row H seats 1-4.

I was worried about the C.G. show due to the bitterness I had from the SA show and the fact that they played Bonnaroo the night before. Right when we got to our seats and saw how close we were though, things started to convince me otherwise … plus the venue probably only held about 3k people tops (if that).

Another good sign… I got one of Maynard 's " Puscifer" business cards from what looked like one of his models on his site … she walked right by us and my buddy went up to her and asked if he could get one for me.

Then they come out on stage… and they look like they're in really good moods… Maynard was a lot more talkative than usual. And from where we were sitting, it looked like he was looking right at us the whole time… we could see the bands faces clear as day.

Exact setlist of SA, but the sound was soooo much better than SA – and they played Vicarious which they left out of SA' s set… holy f*ckin $hit… the laser show on those last songs were incredible… it looked like it formed a big web over the whole crowd…

My moment:
There was a time during the instrumental break in Lateralus that I felt like Maynard was looking at us and then the weirdest thing, every little thing I was doing with my arms, he seemed to do right after I started doing it… most likely wasn't happening that way in reality, but it felt that way to me and is a moment I wont ever forget… I felt completely connected to my favorite band and the music they played.

I am glad my sister got to see them in true form. My only regret for this show was that all my friends that went with me to the SA show couldn't see it… I wish they all could have seen this show…

Until my next Tool experience…

Thanks Tool!
OFFLINE |