View Single Post
Bundahead's Avatar Bundahead
06-18-2007, 09:19 AM

Me, my husband, my brother and his wife all made the trip from Macon to Atlanta. I was so excited the days and weeks prior to the show that I aggravated the sh@t out of everyone around me. Not only did i look forward to seeing Tool, I was really looking forward to sharing the experience with my big brother. He was probably the only person in the world more excited than myself.
It's taken me a long time to absorb just how much I enjoyed this show. I've never gone to any concert before to see a particular band (regretfully i must take that back, I did go see New Kids on the Block when I was 12 Years old, i'm now 30). But, I looked forward to this show nearly as much as I looked forward to my wedding day.
Each of the previous post were right: Every song was preformed masterfully. We (my husband and I) had a perfect view of the stage and I could see Maynard perfectly between the two heads infront of me. Sadly, my bro's seats were to the side of the stage and Danny's GIGANTIC drummset blocked their view of Maynard. That didn't bother my bro and his wife at all; they're always impressed with Danny and enjoyed getting to see him in action. So, None-the-less, Maynard danced along with the characters in the video behind him in a fashion that had its own tantric qualities. Since the show I've been known to break out my own impression of Maynard's dance for my bro and his wife, just so they didn't feel as if they missed out on anything (a sight for sure).
**The day after the concert I had an awful crash! Not b/c of any substance I took, but b/c...well...it was all over and I still to this day pine for the moments b4 the show; I wish i were still looking forward to it. Even as i type now the memory is bittersweet...I CAN'T WAIT to have the opportunity to see them again.

Last edited by Bundahead; 06-19-2007 at 07:47 AM..
Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #34
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnette Center

Me, my husband, my brother and his wife all made the trip from Macon to Atlanta. I was so excited the days and weeks prior to the show that I aggravated the sh@t out of everyone around me. Not only did i look forward to seeing Tool, I was really looking forward to sharing the experience with my big brother. He was probably the only person in the world more excited than myself.
It's taken me a long time to absorb just how much I enjoyed this show. I've never gone to any concert before to see a particular band (regretfully i must take that back, I did go see New Kids on the Block when I was 12 Years old, i'm now 30). But, I looked forward to this show nearly as much as I looked forward to my wedding day.
Each of the previous post were right: Every song was preformed masterfully. We (my husband and I) had a perfect view of the stage and I could see Maynard perfectly between the two heads infront of me. Sadly, my bro's seats were to the side of the stage and Danny's GIGANTIC drummset blocked their view of Maynard. That didn't bother my bro and his wife at all; they're always impressed with Danny and enjoyed getting to see him in action. So, None-the-less, Maynard danced along with the characters in the video behind him in a fashion that had its own tantric qualities. Since the show I've been known to break out my own impression of Maynard's dance for my bro and his wife, just so they didn't feel as if they missed out on anything (a sight for sure).
**The day after the concert I had an awful crash! Not b/c of any substance I took, but b/c...well...it was all over and I still to this day pine for the moments b4 the show; I wish i were still looking forward to it. Even as i type now the memory is bittersweet...I CAN'T WAIT to have the opportunity to see them again.

Last edited by Bundahead; 06-19-2007 at 07:47 AM..
OFFLINE |