View Single Post
yourealizethis
06-10-2007, 01:16 PM

Alrighty where to begin.
Last time Tool was at 1st Mariner Arena it was called Baltimore Arena. Venues changing their names are really starting to piss me off. Fuck you it's not PSInet Stadium, it's not M&T Bank Stadium, it's Raven's Stadium. 1st Mariner Arena to me is Where I Saw Tool in 2002 and 2007. I will know refer to it as BalTOOLmore Arena from now on. Lame I know, but hey , thats me. Last time Maynard was here(2002) he wasn't very talkative. I believe he said 2 things to the crowd. 1 was his inspiring "create something positive" speech before Lateralus...and after Stinkfist he said "Baltimore....(long pause, audience uproar)...Are you sure?" In a nutshell thats what Tool is. Deep, meaningful, relevant and insighful, but also, silly. He was a little more talkative this show, joking about Paris Hilton and such and also thanking us for "adhering to their no flash camera policy which makes them perform better"

Melt Banana
I wasn't really into them but I realize that Tool usually chooses who opens for them so I didn't boo or throw shit at them. Tool usually picks obscure bands that I've never heard of before to open for them. I think thats alot cooler than having a well established band, someone you've seen a handful of times opening. I've seen better bands than Melt Banana, but I've also seen worse. I thought that their drummer was pretty bad ass. Couldn't make out any vocals really. Melt Banana reminded me of that one episode of South Park w/Yoko Ono, Episode 317: "World Wide Recorder Concert (The Brown Noise)". Link: http://images.southparkstudios.com/downloads/download.php?file=/media/sounds/317/YOKOONO.wav

Tool
I had Tool Army Live Nation GA Tickets as well as Ticketmaster GA Tickets. I gotta say the Tool Army Tickets were cooler just cause they looked different, costed less, came w/a BestBuy coupon and on the back of the ticket, 15% off Dinner at Texas De Brazil, a restaurant at the Fair Oaks Mall. I mean it kinda sucks that I have to drive an hour and a half to get 15% off a dinner to a restaurant I've never even heard of. But I guess it's the thought that counts. BalTOOLmore Arena is quite a dinky venue compared to Verizon Center. I had a great view, pretty much wherever I stood, as long as I wasn't behind a tall person.
I thought the show was very energetic and everyone seemed very into it. Adam w/his pigtails, Maynard w/his sillyness, sightgags and sincerity, Justin w/his body movements and Danny w/his not calapsing after drum solos. Tool's performance was top fucking notch! There are always aggrivating factors that hinder a perfect performance. Like a half-naked, drunk on wine Maynard who's overcoming a cold or a hungry Adam who missed lunch and dinner or when Justin bobbs his head around spastically and then can't see the bass cause he has his hair in his eyes or Danny in severe pain from beating the shit out of those heads. This was not the case tonight.

The Pit
I was up front for most of the show, towards Justin. I'm not a big pit person, but always like to observe the interesting "homunculus mongoloids" as they thrash about. I'm not exactly sure how you can mosh to "Wings", but that didn't stop people. Justin would occasionally glance at these morons and smile. There was this one tired looking sweaty fat guy w/long red hair who kept falling flat on his back when he got pushed. One time he stayed down for quite a while...just for the sheer fact that it took 3 people to lift this guy. He was really fucked up and tired. I seriously think he had some brain damage. I'm pretty sure he had it well before entering and staying in this crappily formed pit. This guy also kept grabbing people and chucking them into the pit. My one friend tossed him and his face wound up in another guys crotch. All this was stupid I thought until I saw something really awesome in the pit. There was this one small bald-headed dude who was most likely on acid...or tripping in some form cause he would move around having no pattern or order in time, like most of the pit. His back was arched as he continued his swaggery dance. A little while after Maynard said "If we may take this moment, a moment of silence, a moment of reflection and everyone put your hands together for Paris Hilton" a circle formed around this weird little bald-headed man. Guys held hands and formed a ritualistic circle of sorts and started jumping up and down, orbiting this man. It was pretty fuckin' sweet. It almost looked choreographed or something. I've never seen anything like it before. The whole "Right In Two" moment right there. Monkeys that trash about, bump into each other, but have the decency and the courtesy to lend a helping hand to the fallen, which is pretty much the standard in mosh pits. The dancing and circle formation was a bonus I guess. I still don't dig mosh pits but understand them a little better now. Really you just have to worry about that one motherfucker who wasn't loved enough as a child. Stay away from him and you'll be fine. He's usually the drunk one who is just randomly punching people...he can be confused w/the drunk one who is just there to let off some steam, not hurt anybody and have a good time. It can be confusing. The randomly puching people is kind of a tip off though.

alright I've said my shit.
Hope to see Tool again very soon. I'd love to hear more songs from Lateralus introduced into the set, but I realize that I had my chance half a decade ago to hear such songs, which I did and was very appreciative at the time. Never saw "Flood" live. Pretty awesome.

-previous Tool Shows
Washington DC - 9/30/06 - Verizon Center(previously MCI Center)
Camden, NJ - 9/28/06 - Tweeter Center
Baltimore, MD - 8/10/02 - BalToolmore Arena(previously Baltimore Arena)
Washington DC - 10/5/01 - MCI Center
Old 06-10-2007, 01:16 PM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

Alrighty where to begin.
Last time Tool was at 1st Mariner Arena it was called Baltimore Arena. Venues changing their names are really starting to piss me off. Fuck you it's not PSInet Stadium, it's not M&T Bank Stadium, it's Raven's Stadium. 1st Mariner Arena to me is Where I Saw Tool in 2002 and 2007. I will know refer to it as BalTOOLmore Arena from now on. Lame I know, but hey , thats me. Last time Maynard was here(2002) he wasn't very talkative. I believe he said 2 things to the crowd. 1 was his inspiring "create something positive" speech before Lateralus...and after Stinkfist he said "Baltimore....(long pause, audience uproar)...Are you sure?" In a nutshell thats what Tool is. Deep, meaningful, relevant and insighful, but also, silly. He was a little more talkative this show, joking about Paris Hilton and such and also thanking us for "adhering to their no flash camera policy which makes them perform better"

Melt Banana
I wasn't really into them but I realize that Tool usually chooses who opens for them so I didn't boo or throw shit at them. Tool usually picks obscure bands that I've never heard of before to open for them. I think thats alot cooler than having a well established band, someone you've seen a handful of times opening. I've seen better bands than Melt Banana, but I've also seen worse. I thought that their drummer was pretty bad ass. Couldn't make out any vocals really. Melt Banana reminded me of that one episode of South Park w/Yoko Ono, Episode 317: "World Wide Recorder Concert (The Brown Noise)". Link: http://images.southparkstudios.com/downloads/download.php?file=/media/sounds/317/YOKOONO.wav

Tool
I had Tool Army Live Nation GA Tickets as well as Ticketmaster GA Tickets. I gotta say the Tool Army Tickets were cooler just cause they looked different, costed less, came w/a BestBuy coupon and on the back of the ticket, 15% off Dinner at Texas De Brazil, a restaurant at the Fair Oaks Mall. I mean it kinda sucks that I have to drive an hour and a half to get 15% off a dinner to a restaurant I've never even heard of. But I guess it's the thought that counts. BalTOOLmore Arena is quite a dinky venue compared to Verizon Center. I had a great view, pretty much wherever I stood, as long as I wasn't behind a tall person.
I thought the show was very energetic and everyone seemed very into it. Adam w/his pigtails, Maynard w/his sillyness, sightgags and sincerity, Justin w/his body movements and Danny w/his not calapsing after drum solos. Tool's performance was top fucking notch! There are always aggrivating factors that hinder a perfect performance. Like a half-naked, drunk on wine Maynard who's overcoming a cold or a hungry Adam who missed lunch and dinner or when Justin bobbs his head around spastically and then can't see the bass cause he has his hair in his eyes or Danny in severe pain from beating the shit out of those heads. This was not the case tonight.

The Pit
I was up front for most of the show, towards Justin. I'm not a big pit person, but always like to observe the interesting "homunculus mongoloids" as they thrash about. I'm not exactly sure how you can mosh to "Wings", but that didn't stop people. Justin would occasionally glance at these morons and smile. There was this one tired looking sweaty fat guy w/long red hair who kept falling flat on his back when he got pushed. One time he stayed down for quite a while...just for the sheer fact that it took 3 people to lift this guy. He was really fucked up and tired. I seriously think he had some brain damage. I'm pretty sure he had it well before entering and staying in this crappily formed pit. This guy also kept grabbing people and chucking them into the pit. My one friend tossed him and his face wound up in another guys crotch. All this was stupid I thought until I saw something really awesome in the pit. There was this one small bald-headed dude who was most likely on acid...or tripping in some form cause he would move around having no pattern or order in time, like most of the pit. His back was arched as he continued his swaggery dance. A little while after Maynard said "If we may take this moment, a moment of silence, a moment of reflection and everyone put your hands together for Paris Hilton" a circle formed around this weird little bald-headed man. Guys held hands and formed a ritualistic circle of sorts and started jumping up and down, orbiting this man. It was pretty fuckin' sweet. It almost looked choreographed or something. I've never seen anything like it before. The whole "Right In Two" moment right there. Monkeys that trash about, bump into each other, but have the decency and the courtesy to lend a helping hand to the fallen, which is pretty much the standard in mosh pits. The dancing and circle formation was a bonus I guess. I still don't dig mosh pits but understand them a little better now. Really you just have to worry about that one motherfucker who wasn't loved enough as a child. Stay away from him and you'll be fine. He's usually the drunk one who is just randomly punching people...he can be confused w/the drunk one who is just there to let off some steam, not hurt anybody and have a good time. It can be confusing. The randomly puching people is kind of a tip off though.

alright I've said my shit.
Hope to see Tool again very soon. I'd love to hear more songs from Lateralus introduced into the set, but I realize that I had my chance half a decade ago to hear such songs, which I did and was very appreciative at the time. Never saw "Flood" live. Pretty awesome.

-previous Tool Shows
Washington DC - 9/30/06 - Verizon Center(previously MCI Center)
Camden, NJ - 9/28/06 - Tweeter Center
Baltimore, MD - 8/10/02 - BalToolmore Arena(previously Baltimore Arena)
Washington DC - 10/5/01 - MCI Center
OFFLINE |