View Single Post
StormShadow462's Avatar StormShadow462
06-10-2007, 11:53 AM

This was my fourth time seening Tool. Had floor tickets and this was the closest I've been to the actual band. Stood about a dozen people-lengths away from front stage, right in the center. Unlike previous shows I've seen, I had the opportunity to properly medicate myself before the show. This, I believe, actually took away from the experience of the show, but that's neither here nor there. Setlists posted above were correct. Got a low quality bootleg of the show by using my newly acquired digital stereo microphone portable audio recording device. Had to put it in my back pocket so I didn't lose it but was quite suprised by the quality. The band played spectacularly well as usual. Only a few minor mistakes but nothing too noticible. Setlist was pretty standard. Was hoping for something rare like Jimmy or The Patient but FLOOD was pretty suprising. I think the best song they played was Rosetta Stoned. Love that song especially the "I forgot my pen" part. Gives me chills everytime. Brilliant! Anyways, Maynard wasn't particularly talkative but cut on Paris Hilton a few times that was cool. Also thanked the crowd for observing the "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" request. Nothing especially profound. The opening band Melt Banana was not exactly what you would call pleasing to the ear. Sounded like the illegitimate child of System of a Down, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dragon China Bufett Wait Staff, and an Atari 2600. Certainly not rushing out to buy their latest hit single. Bought a shirt for my girl and I at the parking garage. 25 bucks for both. That's a steal considering the 38 dollar pricetag on the same shirt inside. My girl suprised my with a zip up hoodie as an early birthday present. Don't even think im gonna wear it. Anyways in short: Average show with tight performance, and and average setlist. Nothing really special about it. Didn't blow me away like the times i've seen em before.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

This was my fourth time seening Tool. Had floor tickets and this was the closest I've been to the actual band. Stood about a dozen people-lengths away from front stage, right in the center. Unlike previous shows I've seen, I had the opportunity to properly medicate myself before the show. This, I believe, actually took away from the experience of the show, but that's neither here nor there. Setlists posted above were correct. Got a low quality bootleg of the show by using my newly acquired digital stereo microphone portable audio recording device. Had to put it in my back pocket so I didn't lose it but was quite suprised by the quality. The band played spectacularly well as usual. Only a few minor mistakes but nothing too noticible. Setlist was pretty standard. Was hoping for something rare like Jimmy or The Patient but FLOOD was pretty suprising. I think the best song they played was Rosetta Stoned. Love that song especially the "I forgot my pen" part. Gives me chills everytime. Brilliant! Anyways, Maynard wasn't particularly talkative but cut on Paris Hilton a few times that was cool. Also thanked the crowd for observing the "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" request. Nothing especially profound. The opening band Melt Banana was not exactly what you would call pleasing to the ear. Sounded like the illegitimate child of System of a Down, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dragon China Bufett Wait Staff, and an Atari 2600. Certainly not rushing out to buy their latest hit single. Bought a shirt for my girl and I at the parking garage. 25 bucks for both. That's a steal considering the 38 dollar pricetag on the same shirt inside. My girl suprised my with a zip up hoodie as an early birthday present. Don't even think im gonna wear it. Anyways in short: Average show with tight performance, and and average setlist. Nothing really special about it. Didn't blow me away like the times i've seen em before.
OFFLINE |