View Single Post
ateo
06-08-2007, 09:33 PM

First Tool concert I've been to. Songs played and so on has been covered pretty thoroughly by other posters so I won't repeat what they've already said.

We got there towards the end of Jambi during what is, in my opinion, the best part of the song. I'm kind of upset I missed the rest of it but such is life.

I thought the show was great. They played many of my favorite songs and the visuals were amazing, some of the best I've seen. I was in general admission and we worked our way towards the front so we could really get the full experience of the show.

They pulled off Rosetta Stoned very well, I didn't expect to hear that song live.

I wasn't too excited to hear wings 1/2 but at least the visual effects were good during this portion to keep the energy level somewhat high.

The songs were near perfect in terms of execution.

The only problem I would point out is that at a couple of points Maynard was completely drowned out by the music. I think maybe a couple of amps coulda been turned down to ensure that we heard the vocals at all times.

Either way, as a long time Tool fan this show was amazing. I'll definitely see them live again.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/08 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena

First Tool concert I've been to. Songs played and so on has been covered pretty thoroughly by other posters so I won't repeat what they've already said.

We got there towards the end of Jambi during what is, in my opinion, the best part of the song. I'm kind of upset I missed the rest of it but such is life.

I thought the show was great. They played many of my favorite songs and the visuals were amazing, some of the best I've seen. I was in general admission and we worked our way towards the front so we could really get the full experience of the show.

They pulled off Rosetta Stoned very well, I didn't expect to hear that song live.

I wasn't too excited to hear wings 1/2 but at least the visual effects were good during this portion to keep the energy level somewhat high.

The songs were near perfect in terms of execution.

The only problem I would point out is that at a couple of points Maynard was completely drowned out by the music. I think maybe a couple of amps coulda been turned down to ensure that we heard the vocals at all times.

Either way, as a long time Tool fan this show was amazing. I'll definitely see them live again.
OFFLINE |