View Single Post
g0)z111a's Avatar g0)z111a
06-05-2007, 06:27 AM

Yes, what everyone else has said.

The band was just off the hook last night. I saw them in Birmingham as well, and that was also excellent -- but somehow the show in Duluth had a different tone. From the minute they walked onstage, it was like they were determined and of a single mind. They were going to bring the rock to Georgia, and by God they sure as hell did.

So anyway, I too have seen two shows now with the same setlist, and I frankly don't care if they play the exact same setlist at Bonnaroo. No one else on the planet rocks as hard as Tool or balances that rock with such space. I'd be happy to see it all over again.

I brought a friend of mine to the show and it was his first Tool concert. He couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. He was very impressed. Rock music historians will be talking about Tool in the same breath as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin in ten years.

By the way, I got my tickets through ToolArmy and they were GREAT seats. I was in the third row on Justin and Danny's side of the stage. If you have tickets to the upcoming shows through the fan club, you will not be disappointed.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnette Center

Yes, what everyone else has said.

The band was just off the hook last night. I saw them in Birmingham as well, and that was also excellent -- but somehow the show in Duluth had a different tone. From the minute they walked onstage, it was like they were determined and of a single mind. They were going to bring the rock to Georgia, and by God they sure as hell did.

So anyway, I too have seen two shows now with the same setlist, and I frankly don't care if they play the exact same setlist at Bonnaroo. No one else on the planet rocks as hard as Tool or balances that rock with such space. I'd be happy to see it all over again.

I brought a friend of mine to the show and it was his first Tool concert. He couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. He was very impressed. Rock music historians will be talking about Tool in the same breath as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin in ten years.

By the way, I got my tickets through ToolArmy and they were GREAT seats. I was in the third row on Justin and Danny's side of the stage. If you have tickets to the upcoming shows through the fan club, you will not be disappointed.
OFFLINE |