View Single Post
Naked&Fearless
06-04-2007, 09:31 PM

I came into the showing hoping for something special. I left realizing that TooL is what is special. With the exception of the Incredible Push It, we got the "usual" set list.

Through Rosetta Stoned I thought the concert was great. Not quite what I was hoping. Mind you I have been looking forward to this concert for over 4 years now. It was a great Rock show and even better because I love TooL.

Then the band, the show, the music, kicked it up a notch and gave me what I was hoping for and more.

Push It was amazing. Words really cant explain the tone and emotion.

Then Wings. Wings was also exceptional. A beautifully intense homage to Maynard's mom done in a tasteful powerful presentation. The build was enhanced by chilling clouds, detailed lasers, and just great music.

Then, the subtile tasteful, artistic nature truely shows itself: "I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way, Your way home ..." The back screen drops and it shows the Collective, Combined, Minds / Heads (album art). I believe this was sort of a slap done in an extremely tasteful manner.

Lateralus was beautifully Intense. TooL's masterpiece and what represents TooL (opinion). Inspirational, powerful, beautiful, intense (just dont have enough time).

The Vicarious. WHY? I just dont get why they would end with Vicarious. After Lateralus, hearing Vicarious made me wanted to stand on my chair and Scream..."NOT ME!". I have always thought L ateralus is best note to leave on and have always been boggled at why this isnt The closer, but like I said, in my opinion Lateralus Represents TooL.

All-in-all, amazing! Get this: During Push It, Wings, and Lateralus I was "blowing-up" with no ecstacy. Seriously!!!

Thanks TooL. Hope it's not another 4 years between meetings. Always worth it though.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnette Center

I came into the showing hoping for something special. I left realizing that TooL is what is special. With the exception of the Incredible Push It, we got the "usual" set list.

Through Rosetta Stoned I thought the concert was great. Not quite what I was hoping. Mind you I have been looking forward to this concert for over 4 years now. It was a great Rock show and even better because I love TooL.

Then the band, the show, the music, kicked it up a notch and gave me what I was hoping for and more.

Push It was amazing. Words really cant explain the tone and emotion.

Then Wings. Wings was also exceptional. A beautifully intense homage to Maynard's mom done in a tasteful powerful presentation. The build was enhanced by chilling clouds, detailed lasers, and just great music.

Then, the subtile tasteful, artistic nature truely shows itself: "I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way, Your way home ..." The back screen drops and it shows the Collective, Combined, Minds / Heads (album art). I believe this was sort of a slap done in an extremely tasteful manner.

Lateralus was beautifully Intense. TooL's masterpiece and what represents TooL (opinion). Inspirational, powerful, beautiful, intense (just dont have enough time).

The Vicarious. WHY? I just dont get why they would end with Vicarious. After Lateralus, hearing Vicarious made me wanted to stand on my chair and Scream..."NOT ME!". I have always thought L ateralus is best note to leave on and have always been boggled at why this isnt The closer, but like I said, in my opinion Lateralus Represents TooL.

All-in-all, amazing! Get this: During Push It, Wings, and Lateralus I was "blowing-up" with no ecstacy. Seriously!!!

Thanks TooL. Hope it's not another 4 years between meetings. Always worth it though.
OFFLINE |