View Single Post
Seminole
05-29-2007, 06:43 AM

This was my second Tool show and 3rd opportunity to see Maynard perform live (saw him with Tool in Birmingham in 2001 and this past weekend and saw him with APC at Boutwell a few years ago).

The show was incredible (again) and much better weather this time (thanks, Maynard for mentioning that)...

I was in section 305 (third tier again) but I do not mind sitting in the third tier for a Tool show. The venue isn't huge, so being towards the back doesn't make much of a difference in my opinion. Anyway, on to the show.

The turnout was incredible - one of the larger crowds I have seen at the Verizon Wireless Music Center. I am sure this one had to be close to a sell out, as it appeared there was only around 100-200 empty seats in the top corners of the third tier (and there was a lot of people standing up in the walkways that probably would have filled those seats). Much larger crowd than the show in 2001 (the weather may have had something to do with that though)...The crowd was very into the show and many times it was hard to hear the vocals because of everybody singing along.

Was it just me, or did Maynard laugh or say "haha" when everyone was yelling "I'll keep digging..." as they started playing the extended portion of Stinkfist? I thought I heard him laugh...

I had been telling my wife all day that I really hope they play Push It, but thought they wouldn't since theres been a few shows on this tour that they didn't play it on, and they played it last time they came...but by God they did and it rocked my face off...

Excellent set list, didn't expect to hear Rosetta Stoned, but LOVED IT...The lasers were a very nice touch (would have been cool to have the laser part of the show back in 2001 with all of the rain). What can you say really? The show was incredible, probably even better than the 2001 show. I can not wait until these guys come back to town...
Old 05-29-2007, 06:43 AM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

This was my second Tool show and 3rd opportunity to see Maynard perform live (saw him with Tool in Birmingham in 2001 and this past weekend and saw him with APC at Boutwell a few years ago).

The show was incredible (again) and much better weather this time (thanks, Maynard for mentioning that)...

I was in section 305 (third tier again) but I do not mind sitting in the third tier for a Tool show. The venue isn't huge, so being towards the back doesn't make much of a difference in my opinion. Anyway, on to the show.

The turnout was incredible - one of the larger crowds I have seen at the Verizon Wireless Music Center. I am sure this one had to be close to a sell out, as it appeared there was only around 100-200 empty seats in the top corners of the third tier (and there was a lot of people standing up in the walkways that probably would have filled those seats). Much larger crowd than the show in 2001 (the weather may have had something to do with that though)...The crowd was very into the show and many times it was hard to hear the vocals because of everybody singing along.

Was it just me, or did Maynard laugh or say "haha" when everyone was yelling "I'll keep digging..." as they started playing the extended portion of Stinkfist? I thought I heard him laugh...

I had been telling my wife all day that I really hope they play Push It, but thought they wouldn't since theres been a few shows on this tour that they didn't play it on, and they played it last time they came...but by God they did and it rocked my face off...

Excellent set list, didn't expect to hear Rosetta Stoned, but LOVED IT...The lasers were a very nice touch (would have been cool to have the laser part of the show back in 2001 with all of the rain). What can you say really? The show was incredible, probably even better than the 2001 show. I can not wait until these guys come back to town...
OFFLINE |