View Single Post
Chris_Brightwell's Avatar Chris_Brightwell
05-27-2007, 12:58 AM

This is the first Tool show I've seen since November of 2002 and, in a few words, it was well worth the wait.

This was my 10th Tool show, my wife's 8th, my friend's 2nd, another friend's 2nd or 3rd, and her brother's 1st. A good time was had by all, to say the least, and I'm glad it didn't rain. I'd love to see those lasers in the rain, though.

Wings 1+2 were a bit anti-climactic for me, as was Rosetta Stoned, but I enjoyed them. I just just think of 10 or 12 songs I'd *rather* hear than either of those. Hearing Pushit was nice. The Prison Sex tease right before Lateralus was downright mean.

Maynard seemed to enjoy being back in "Ala-'fuck yeah'-bama." The band was as solid as I've ever seen them. The sound was a bit lacking in places, but that might've been due to me being all the way up in the third tier.

Maynard had a good laugh at the crowd's expense during the extended bridge on Stinkfist. I always wondered if they laughed at that, but I'd never heard the mic in his hand pick it up. You'd think that, after ten years, people would know that Stinkfist isn't what it used to be.

Overall, a spectacular show. I'm looking forward to what Bonnaroo may bring.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #12
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

This is the first Tool show I've seen since November of 2002 and, in a few words, it was well worth the wait.

This was my 10th Tool show, my wife's 8th, my friend's 2nd, another friend's 2nd or 3rd, and her brother's 1st. A good time was had by all, to say the least, and I'm glad it didn't rain. I'd love to see those lasers in the rain, though.

Wings 1+2 were a bit anti-climactic for me, as was Rosetta Stoned, but I enjoyed them. I just just think of 10 or 12 songs I'd *rather* hear than either of those. Hearing Pushit was nice. The Prison Sex tease right before Lateralus was downright mean.

Maynard seemed to enjoy being back in "Ala-'fuck yeah'-bama." The band was as solid as I've ever seen them. The sound was a bit lacking in places, but that might've been due to me being all the way up in the third tier.

Maynard had a good laugh at the crowd's expense during the extended bridge on Stinkfist. I always wondered if they laughed at that, but I'd never heard the mic in his hand pick it up. You'd think that, after ten years, people would know that Stinkfist isn't what it used to be.

Overall, a spectacular show. I'm looking forward to what Bonnaroo may bring.