View Single Post
paradoxgirl
05-26-2007, 11:22 PM

The setlist that is listed above is correct.

The show was AWESOME. I first saw Tool in Atlanta on May 15th at the Tabernacle on the day Lateralus was released. I must say, they are still flawless!

At first I was confused about the lasers. I had read about them, but none were seen until mid-concert. It was indeed spectacular.

Maynard and all of the guys hit everything perfectly. I did notice that there were some confusing echos in the vocals, but I am not sure if it is intentional or just due to my crappy location (extreme right of the stage).

I was so stoked that they did Pushit. I was sorta sad about Right In Two being cut, but it was a fair trade I suppose. Perhaps they didn't play it because of all the conservative people in the south??

Also, from what I've read here, Maynard talked more to the crowd than any other show. He opened up with something like "How are you Bama?" He also remembered that last time they were at the same venue (approx 7 yrs ago or so) that it rained. He spoke quite a bit. I was pleasantly shocked. I figured they would end with Lateralus, but they didn't.

The crowd was very into the performance as well. When they went into the guitar solo on Stinkfist, you could hear the crowd roaring "i'll keep digging...". They were pretty into Jambi as well. This is the first time I have ever seen the Verizon Wireless center near max capacity ever since it added the crappy third tier.

I had the pleasure of meeting a nice guy named Jeremy who came to see the show from San Diego...he got a ticket the day of the show that was 2nd tier, row C, while I woke up early on the day they went on sale and had an army of helpers and the best I could score (at the very second tickets were available) was 2nd tier, row V. argh.

Maynard was dancing and moving about quite a bit, it was enjoyable to watch. From my viewpoint, I couldn't see the whole stage, but the lighting and effects were very rad. The white stage added something special also.

Last edited by paradoxgirl; 05-26-2007 at 11:59 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/26 - Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Music Center

The setlist that is listed above is correct.

The show was AWESOME. I first saw Tool in Atlanta on May 15th at the Tabernacle on the day Lateralus was released. I must say, they are still flawless!

At first I was confused about the lasers. I had read about them, but none were seen until mid-concert. It was indeed spectacular.

Maynard and all of the guys hit everything perfectly. I did notice that there were some confusing echos in the vocals, but I am not sure if it is intentional or just due to my crappy location (extreme right of the stage).

I was so stoked that they did Pushit. I was sorta sad about Right In Two being cut, but it was a fair trade I suppose. Perhaps they didn't play it because of all the conservative people in the south??

Also, from what I've read here, Maynard talked more to the crowd than any other show. He opened up with something like "How are you Bama?" He also remembered that last time they were at the same venue (approx 7 yrs ago or so) that it rained. He spoke quite a bit. I was pleasantly shocked. I figured they would end with Lateralus, but they didn't.

The crowd was very into the performance as well. When they went into the guitar solo on Stinkfist, you could hear the crowd roaring "i'll keep digging...". They were pretty into Jambi as well. This is the first time I have ever seen the Verizon Wireless center near max capacity ever since it added the crappy third tier.

I had the pleasure of meeting a nice guy named Jeremy who came to see the show from San Diego...he got a ticket the day of the show that was 2nd tier, row C, while I woke up early on the day they went on sale and had an army of helpers and the best I could score (at the very second tickets were available) was 2nd tier, row V. argh.

Maynard was dancing and moving about quite a bit, it was enjoyable to watch. From my viewpoint, I couldn't see the whole stage, but the lighting and effects were very rad. The white stage added something special also.

Last edited by paradoxgirl; 05-26-2007 at 11:59 PM..
OFFLINE |