View Single Post
PanamaRed's Avatar PanamaRed
05-26-2007, 06:05 PM

I have seen them 7 times now and I can say that each one has been unique. The setlist was what I expected from reading other reviews but two songs made the whole night. I would have loved to see Right In Two but hearing Pushit and watching Danny was unbelievable. Lateralus was the second and it stood out to me because, once again, Danny Carey took it to a different level that you can't really get to until you see him do it. After watching him, I am convinced that his arm has been replaced with a robotic device. The visuals that include lasers shooting around the place, images on the stage and screens, and smoke billowing out to make clouds appear, really make the concert a true experience. I hope to experience my 8th show soon, but if I can't, I will be happy with my 7th. One last thing, did anybody notice the lights above section 337 that stayed on the whole night? Unfortunately, I was in that section but luckily, Tool is a great band. They can dim the lights that are beaming down on you or silence the drunk guy screaming at you and other people to stand up. So, with that being said, thank you Tool for a great night.

Last edited by PanamaRed; 05-26-2007 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: I wanted to.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #28
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/24 - Baton Rouge, LA - River Center

I have seen them 7 times now and I can say that each one has been unique. The setlist was what I expected from reading other reviews but two songs made the whole night. I would have loved to see Right In Two but hearing Pushit and watching Danny was unbelievable. Lateralus was the second and it stood out to me because, once again, Danny Carey took it to a different level that you can't really get to until you see him do it. After watching him, I am convinced that his arm has been replaced with a robotic device. The visuals that include lasers shooting around the place, images on the stage and screens, and smoke billowing out to make clouds appear, really make the concert a true experience. I hope to experience my 8th show soon, but if I can't, I will be happy with my 7th. One last thing, did anybody notice the lights above section 337 that stayed on the whole night? Unfortunately, I was in that section but luckily, Tool is a great band. They can dim the lights that are beaming down on you or silence the drunk guy screaming at you and other people to stand up. So, with that being said, thank you Tool for a great night.

Last edited by PanamaRed; 05-26-2007 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: I wanted to.
OFFLINE |