View Single Post
tamos3
05-25-2007, 05:55 PM

A Tool fan since the early ‘90’s, I am always amused by the diversity in the maturity of their concert goers. “10,000 Days,” is probably the best collection of talent and emotion taunting the eardrums of anyone with a satellite radio or a mp3 player. One certainly won’t hear of Tool on a Baton Rouge radio station.

May 24. 2007, was the first time that I have ever heard any of Tool’s songs other than “Schism” on Baton Rouge radio.

Without the extra help or promotion, we came in mass. The show sold out months in advance. As a hodgepodge of almost 10,000 fans young and old, we patiently waited in the afternoon rain shower (downpour) to see this band perform live in Louisiana at the Baton Rouge River Center for the first time since 2002.

Although riverside and in poor weather, “Undertow,” would never be a concern this Evening. Who has time?

Baton Rouge has always been good to Tool. Tool has always been great to Baton Rouge. (Third-Eye 2002) 

The previously posted setlists are accurate. We got “Pushit!” “The 10,000 Days” set, and the laser show is outstanding. “Lateralus” will never go out of style. “Schism” is a pop fad that I wish would die.

To the non-believers: “Jambi” is not very strong on the album. Wait till you hear them open with this…It’s like magic! Very, very cool…

My 3rd Tool show. My favorite Tool show. Thanks guys for all of the sacrifices!
Old 05-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/24 - Baton Rouge, LA - River Center

A Tool fan since the early ‘90’s, I am always amused by the diversity in the maturity of their concert goers. “10,000 Days,” is probably the best collection of talent and emotion taunting the eardrums of anyone with a satellite radio or a mp3 player. One certainly won’t hear of Tool on a Baton Rouge radio station.

May 24. 2007, was the first time that I have ever heard any of Tool’s songs other than “Schism” on Baton Rouge radio.

Without the extra help or promotion, we came in mass. The show sold out months in advance. As a hodgepodge of almost 10,000 fans young and old, we patiently waited in the afternoon rain shower (downpour) to see this band perform live in Louisiana at the Baton Rouge River Center for the first time since 2002.

Although riverside and in poor weather, “Undertow,” would never be a concern this Evening. Who has time?

Baton Rouge has always been good to Tool. Tool has always been great to Baton Rouge. (Third-Eye 2002) 

The previously posted setlists are accurate. We got “Pushit!” “The 10,000 Days” set, and the laser show is outstanding. “Lateralus” will never go out of style. “Schism” is a pop fad that I wish would die.

To the non-believers: “Jambi” is not very strong on the album. Wait till you hear them open with this…It’s like magic! Very, very cool…

My 3rd Tool show. My favorite Tool show. Thanks guys for all of the sacrifices!
OFFLINE |