View Single Post
gunsmokex
05-24-2007, 01:00 AM

This was my 7th Tool show and the 2nd time I had seen them in Witchita. All in all a Tool show is always a great show, someone said somthing about a Tool being like sex, even when its bad its good.

I have to say I still cannot figure out why the sound sounded like it did. The 1st show in Witchita was amazing (top of my list), this show was the exact opposite (dead last on my list). I went with 2 friends who had never seen a Tool show before, one of them hadn't even been to a concert since Aerosmith like 10-15 yrs ago, so I was hoping for better sound than what they had, it just flat out sucked (the sound). I realize that some of the songs were very technical and some songs Maynard's voice is toned down on purpose but we could just barely hear him during parts of the song when I knew we were supposed to hearing him. It was not a crisp sounding as compared to the 1st Witchita show and many times the band seemed offbeat. They did a lot of stuff with feedback which was cool but it didn't mesh with the band as a whole and they were not in sync with each other at various times.

The intermission was very cool though I always love to see all of those lighters. The begginning and the end of the show the sound was a little more on and IMO was the best of the show. As for the crowd it doesn't make much sense to me that if someone wants to stand up and dance and have a good time they have to move to the aisle? I've never seen so many people sitting at a Tool show as this one. As for the tokers that's their choice, they'll do what they want, its not really your job to enforce your values upon them.

What was up with the 8:30 start time? I found that odd. The stage was different than last time (the panels were on the ground as well last time) and the lasers were slightly different as well. The sound really ruined that show though I think what boils down to is its just a bad venue to do that type of show at, and with the acoutics it just does not work. Either that or Tool needs new sound technicians while in Witchita. I think Maynard said "Fan-tastic" sarcastically. I don't think I'll drive the 8hrs again to Witchita, I just have too many gripes about that venue. And the seperate beer garden is a joke, not to mention you can't buy ice at a liquor store to decrease drinking and driving? Lol, just make it a dry state already.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #31
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

This was my 7th Tool show and the 2nd time I had seen them in Witchita. All in all a Tool show is always a great show, someone said somthing about a Tool being like sex, even when its bad its good.

I have to say I still cannot figure out why the sound sounded like it did. The 1st show in Witchita was amazing (top of my list), this show was the exact opposite (dead last on my list). I went with 2 friends who had never seen a Tool show before, one of them hadn't even been to a concert since Aerosmith like 10-15 yrs ago, so I was hoping for better sound than what they had, it just flat out sucked (the sound). I realize that some of the songs were very technical and some songs Maynard's voice is toned down on purpose but we could just barely hear him during parts of the song when I knew we were supposed to hearing him. It was not a crisp sounding as compared to the 1st Witchita show and many times the band seemed offbeat. They did a lot of stuff with feedback which was cool but it didn't mesh with the band as a whole and they were not in sync with each other at various times.

The intermission was very cool though I always love to see all of those lighters. The begginning and the end of the show the sound was a little more on and IMO was the best of the show. As for the crowd it doesn't make much sense to me that if someone wants to stand up and dance and have a good time they have to move to the aisle? I've never seen so many people sitting at a Tool show as this one. As for the tokers that's their choice, they'll do what they want, its not really your job to enforce your values upon them.

What was up with the 8:30 start time? I found that odd. The stage was different than last time (the panels were on the ground as well last time) and the lasers were slightly different as well. The sound really ruined that show though I think what boils down to is its just a bad venue to do that type of show at, and with the acoutics it just does not work. Either that or Tool needs new sound technicians while in Witchita. I think Maynard said "Fan-tastic" sarcastically. I don't think I'll drive the 8hrs again to Witchita, I just have too many gripes about that venue. And the seperate beer garden is a joke, not to mention you can't buy ice at a liquor store to decrease drinking and driving? Lol, just make it a dry state already.
OFFLINE |