View Single Post
stratocasius's Avatar stratocasius
05-23-2007, 06:50 AM

Excellent...EXCELLENT showing....

4th time seeing them (3 on Lateralus tour) and I love to see how this band grows and develops over the years. We'll never see another band like this.

Killer lasers...great sound....great energy

DC - just not human.
JC - infectious as ever
AJ - impeccable timing
MK - hypnotic

I missed Rosetta Stoned...can someone describe the climax "Overwhelmed as one would be..." and how MjK sounded on that? For me, thats the best part of the 10k album.

People need to be thankful for what we have(i.e. the only band around still from the early 90s that is successful, giving us a one of a kind expierence) and quit wasting time/energy on some dream wish list that we want to hear.

Try putting yourself in their shoes for once. Sure, surprise songs and tweaks to the setlist are always fun to imagine and fantise about...but these guys play better live than ANYONE out there. They've refined their sound to these certain songs and feel that these best represent what they want to get across. Not because they are easy or long enough to fill out the night... Who else is as crisp and as tight live as thsese guys? Spend your time and energy enjoying what they give us...who knows when it will be gone...and you'll feel pretty stupid looking back on it.

Last edited by stratocasius; 05-23-2007 at 07:01 AM..
Old 05-23-2007, 06:50 AM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/22 - Corpus Christi, TX - American Bank Center

Excellent...EXCELLENT showing....

4th time seeing them (3 on Lateralus tour) and I love to see how this band grows and develops over the years. We'll never see another band like this.

Killer lasers...great sound....great energy

DC - just not human.
JC - infectious as ever
AJ - impeccable timing
MK - hypnotic

I missed Rosetta Stoned...can someone describe the climax "Overwhelmed as one would be..." and how MjK sounded on that? For me, thats the best part of the 10k album.

People need to be thankful for what we have(i.e. the only band around still from the early 90s that is successful, giving us a one of a kind expierence) and quit wasting time/energy on some dream wish list that we want to hear.

Try putting yourself in their shoes for once. Sure, surprise songs and tweaks to the setlist are always fun to imagine and fantise about...but these guys play better live than ANYONE out there. They've refined their sound to these certain songs and feel that these best represent what they want to get across. Not because they are easy or long enough to fill out the night... Who else is as crisp and as tight live as thsese guys? Spend your time and energy enjoying what they give us...who knows when it will be gone...and you'll feel pretty stupid looking back on it.

Last edited by stratocasius; 05-23-2007 at 07:01 AM..
OFFLINE |