View Single Post
jasonk
05-22-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinohumper View Post
Fourth Tool show, and easily the worst.

I bought my tickets after the first cancellation. They were located BEHIND the stage, in section 219. I liked the idea of having a birds eye view of the band, and being up close wasn't a necessity (after being row F at their SMU performance). Really, I felt lucky to get tickets to what I assumed to be a sold-out show. I was wrong. The only view we had of the projector/laser show was from behind. No visual show for us. What was far worse was that the sound was horrendous. Couldn't understand a thing when Maynard spoke, couldn't understand any vocals, and everything sounded a beat or two off of everything else. It was all so muddy. I was delighted not to hear any new songs, as hearing them first that way would have ruinned them for me.

It may have been the AT&T Center's idea to sell these tickets, but Tool shouldn't have gone along with it. My experience was awful. I can't believe anyone sitting around me would disagree.

i agree here. we sat in sec 219 as well. it was a good show, we went to support the band. have seen them umpteen times, and by all acounts, this is not the old days. not even the aenima days where they opened up with third eye ( WOW ).
all in all, decent show. whoever pointed out the bands age, has a good point.
later

Last edited by jasonk; 05-22-2007 at 03:15 PM..
Old 05-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinohumper View Post
Fourth Tool show, and easily the worst.

I bought my tickets after the first cancellation. They were located BEHIND the stage, in section 219. I liked the idea of having a birds eye view of the band, and being up close wasn't a necessity (after being row F at their SMU performance). Really, I felt lucky to get tickets to what I assumed to be a sold-out show. I was wrong. The only view we had of the projector/laser show was from behind. No visual show for us. What was far worse was that the sound was horrendous. Couldn't understand a thing when Maynard spoke, couldn't understand any vocals, and everything sounded a beat or two off of everything else. It was all so muddy. I was delighted not to hear any new songs, as hearing them first that way would have ruinned them for me.

It may have been the AT&T Center's idea to sell these tickets, but Tool shouldn't have gone along with it. My experience was awful. I can't believe anyone sitting around me would disagree.

i agree here. we sat in sec 219 as well. it was a good show, we went to support the band. have seen them umpteen times, and by all acounts, this is not the old days. not even the aenima days where they opened up with third eye ( WOW ).
all in all, decent show. whoever pointed out the bands age, has a good point.
later

Last edited by jasonk; 05-22-2007 at 03:15 PM..
OFFLINE |