View Single Post
Undone
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM

Two words: Simply amazing. 4th time to see Tool and they haven't disappointed yet. To the people complaining about not getting anything special I'd like to say......

The extended lateralus with 2 members of King Crimson blew my mind! Something like that doesn't happen every night. From the floor I had a perfect view of all 4 (6) members and the jam was intense. Justin sat and held the bass line from the quiet part of lateralus and then Trey and Pat started to add layers to it. Pretty soon Danny was picking up speed and they brought the sound to a furious frenzy while Adam was just watching in amazement. The whole thing looked pretty free form with Pat staring intently at Danny to match him. The guy next to me was like 'are they still playing this song' when they dropped back into lateralus.

Anyways, Danny's Duncan jersey was awesome and they pulled a prank and a half at the beginning. I thought it was unusual that all four walked out together at the beginning. Maynard said 'San Antonio, you all have the worst luck." That was when I noticed Danny had his arm in a sling. "Well I have some good news and bad news...." Realizing that his arm couldn't really be hurt, I was still relieved when Maynard said "The good news is there is no bad news" I don't know if Danny normally wears the sling out on stage, but I thought it was a clever trick.

A show well worth the long wait, and between SMU and SA I've heard all the 10,000 days songs except a full version of intension. If your disappointed I'm sorry because as I looked around the arena last night; it looked as if around 18,000 people were all rocking the fuck out. Wish you'd have joined us.

peace

I forgot to mention the huge scale "Net of Being" by Alex Grey that they unveiled sometime during the laser show. I think it was near the end of 10,000 days but I'm not sure. After the show you could really see how massive that thing was.

Last edited by Undone; 05-22-2007 at 11:40 AM..
Old 05-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Two words: Simply amazing. 4th time to see Tool and they haven't disappointed yet. To the people complaining about not getting anything special I'd like to say......

The extended lateralus with 2 members of King Crimson blew my mind! Something like that doesn't happen every night. From the floor I had a perfect view of all 4 (6) members and the jam was intense. Justin sat and held the bass line from the quiet part of lateralus and then Trey and Pat started to add layers to it. Pretty soon Danny was picking up speed and they brought the sound to a furious frenzy while Adam was just watching in amazement. The whole thing looked pretty free form with Pat staring intently at Danny to match him. The guy next to me was like 'are they still playing this song' when they dropped back into lateralus.

Anyways, Danny's Duncan jersey was awesome and they pulled a prank and a half at the beginning. I thought it was unusual that all four walked out together at the beginning. Maynard said 'San Antonio, you all have the worst luck." That was when I noticed Danny had his arm in a sling. "Well I have some good news and bad news...." Realizing that his arm couldn't really be hurt, I was still relieved when Maynard said "The good news is there is no bad news" I don't know if Danny normally wears the sling out on stage, but I thought it was a clever trick.

A show well worth the long wait, and between SMU and SA I've heard all the 10,000 days songs except a full version of intension. If your disappointed I'm sorry because as I looked around the arena last night; it looked as if around 18,000 people were all rocking the fuck out. Wish you'd have joined us.

peace

I forgot to mention the huge scale "Net of Being" by Alex Grey that they unveiled sometime during the laser show. I think it was near the end of 10,000 days but I'm not sure. After the show you could really see how massive that thing was.

Last edited by Undone; 05-22-2007 at 11:40 AM..
OFFLINE |