View Single Post
CrispyRat
05-22-2007, 06:51 AM

This was my third time seeing TOOL and my son's first (Lateralus - Austin, Texas and 10K SMU Auditorium, Dallas).

I am going to echo some of the sentiment from other posters.

The show was incredible - until its immediate stop. I always leave a TOOL show wanting more, but this time I expected it.

One of any of the following at the end as an "encore" would have sealed the deal in my opinion: The Pot, Aenima, or Vicarious. TOOL leaving the stage, and the lights coming on was kick in the nuts.

I think you had to be there to fully understand. Everything leading up to the show (the postponements, holding on to the tix), the show itself (Right in Two and Lateralus were amazing), only to have the ending be so... abrupt. It was puzzling. I walked out a bit befuddled, and you could feel it in the crowd as we ambled out. The usual whoops and screams of satiated concert-goers was lacking. We were all a bit stunned it was over.

Maynard best explained at the beginning, I guess, when he said something to the effect of:

"San Antonio. We have cancelled on you so many times. Not our fault."

I know it isn't their fault. TOOL fans know it isn't their fault. After waiting so long though, I guess we expected the full ride and a reach around.

We shouldn't have.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

This was my third time seeing TOOL and my son's first (Lateralus - Austin, Texas and 10K SMU Auditorium, Dallas).

I am going to echo some of the sentiment from other posters.

The show was incredible - until its immediate stop. I always leave a TOOL show wanting more, but this time I expected it.

One of any of the following at the end as an "encore" would have sealed the deal in my opinion: The Pot, Aenima, or Vicarious. TOOL leaving the stage, and the lights coming on was kick in the nuts.

I think you had to be there to fully understand. Everything leading up to the show (the postponements, holding on to the tix), the show itself (Right in Two and Lateralus were amazing), only to have the ending be so... abrupt. It was puzzling. I walked out a bit befuddled, and you could feel it in the crowd as we ambled out. The usual whoops and screams of satiated concert-goers was lacking. We were all a bit stunned it was over.

Maynard best explained at the beginning, I guess, when he said something to the effect of:

"San Antonio. We have cancelled on you so many times. Not our fault."

I know it isn't their fault. TOOL fans know it isn't their fault. After waiting so long though, I guess we expected the full ride and a reach around.

We shouldn't have.
OFFLINE |