View Single Post
dave-tx
05-22-2007, 04:32 AM

I'll throw in my two cents. This was my sixth show. Sat in section 20, the sound was pretty good - no complaints there. If you showed up on time for Kinski then you missed Tu, which was Gunn and Mastelotto - they only played for 20 minutes or so, but they were dynamite. Kinski was interesting as well.

Others have already noted the two songs cut from the setlist. Given the time constraints put on by the venue (wonder if they force the Spurs to finish OT games by 11...heh), I was happy to trade Vicarious/Aenima for the extended Lateralus. Just personal preference.

My biggest gripe is that the setlist, with the exception of the two deleted songs, is identical to what I saw last week in Ft. Worth. I'm spoiled seeing bands that vary the setlist every night, but come on - this band has got enough material to play the "standards", feature material from the new album, and still have time to toss out a couple of selections from the archives.

I'm not disappointed in the show, but I had anticipated more, what being that I've been holding this ticket for the better part of a year.

EDIT: Others have mentioned "no encore", but technically speaking, wasn't the encore everything after "Right in Two"? That's when they took their sit-down-on-the-stage break, if I remember correctly...whenever it was, it was the same as Ft. Worth.

EDIT #2: Funniest comment by Maynard was to Gunn as he was leaving the stage toward the end of the Lateralus jam - something along the lines of "You need more strings on that fucking thing."

Last edited by dave-tx; 05-22-2007 at 05:48 AM..
Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 AM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

I'll throw in my two cents. This was my sixth show. Sat in section 20, the sound was pretty good - no complaints there. If you showed up on time for Kinski then you missed Tu, which was Gunn and Mastelotto - they only played for 20 minutes or so, but they were dynamite. Kinski was interesting as well.

Others have already noted the two songs cut from the setlist. Given the time constraints put on by the venue (wonder if they force the Spurs to finish OT games by 11...heh), I was happy to trade Vicarious/Aenima for the extended Lateralus. Just personal preference.

My biggest gripe is that the setlist, with the exception of the two deleted songs, is identical to what I saw last week in Ft. Worth. I'm spoiled seeing bands that vary the setlist every night, but come on - this band has got enough material to play the "standards", feature material from the new album, and still have time to toss out a couple of selections from the archives.

I'm not disappointed in the show, but I had anticipated more, what being that I've been holding this ticket for the better part of a year.

EDIT: Others have mentioned "no encore", but technically speaking, wasn't the encore everything after "Right in Two"? That's when they took their sit-down-on-the-stage break, if I remember correctly...whenever it was, it was the same as Ft. Worth.

EDIT #2: Funniest comment by Maynard was to Gunn as he was leaving the stage toward the end of the Lateralus jam - something along the lines of "You need more strings on that fucking thing."

Last edited by dave-tx; 05-22-2007 at 05:48 AM..
OFFLINE |