View Single Post
Effigy07
05-22-2007, 12:13 AM

Just got home from the show and the bar and I have to say that yes it was a bit disappointing that we didnt get the full 10000 days set (to include Aenima and Vicarious) but the overall point of a band touring on a new album is to play songs from that said album. Point accomplished. Would have been nice to see Vicarious live but come on, Vicarious is one of the lesser songs on 10000 days. Right in Two was great as was Wings/10000 days. K7 said it best, The show left me wanting more. A good band always leaves the fans wanting more. Great show.

P.S. to those who are complaining about the lack of songs from Undertow; I could be wrong but I've always understood that the reason the majority of the tours lack songs from the Paul D'Amour days is that he had copyrighted his bass lines and therefore Sober and other songs (Like Cold & Ugly played at Freeman in November of 2002) only show up on a rare basis. Went to Verizon, Frank Erwin, and Freeman on the Lateralus tour and I would be lying if I said this wasnt quite up to par but then again it is Tool. How band can it really be?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/21 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Just got home from the show and the bar and I have to say that yes it was a bit disappointing that we didnt get the full 10000 days set (to include Aenima and Vicarious) but the overall point of a band touring on a new album is to play songs from that said album. Point accomplished. Would have been nice to see Vicarious live but come on, Vicarious is one of the lesser songs on 10000 days. Right in Two was great as was Wings/10000 days. K7 said it best, The show left me wanting more. A good band always leaves the fans wanting more. Great show.

P.S. to those who are complaining about the lack of songs from Undertow; I could be wrong but I've always understood that the reason the majority of the tours lack songs from the Paul D'Amour days is that he had copyrighted his bass lines and therefore Sober and other songs (Like Cold & Ugly played at Freeman in November of 2002) only show up on a rare basis. Went to Verizon, Frank Erwin, and Freeman on the Lateralus tour and I would be lying if I said this wasnt quite up to par but then again it is Tool. How band can it really be?
OFFLINE |