View Single Post
felix45's Avatar felix45
05-17-2007, 03:49 PM

first off I'd like to say I completley agree with the old brothers. The only radio station I can even listen to down in dallas is the edge on occasion, jack fm on occasion, and the bone on occasion, but they are all plauged by so many crappy bands that cant even compare to tool. dont whine about the concert...what seeing as it is better than anything you will be getting from anyone else now a days (well not to hate on tool or anything but RATM does put on quite a show as well and if they do come back to do a tour there is another show worth seeing...but well you get my point)

To put you into prespective I pretty much had nosebleed seats, on the right side in like row Y. I could still see the visuals and the cowboy stuff maynard was doing though just fine. Not as though having the worst seat possible would have been bad in such a small arena but you get the idea.

To start I guess I'll address kinski. They were pretty good for experimental IMO. This was my first tool concert and I guess everyone does hold openers to tool standard and just brush the openers aside as nothing? I thought they were pretty good, nothing I'd go out and buy a CD of but they had some pretty good complex beats and they definatley had skill. I'm kinda sad hearing someone just straight up saying they were terrible, sure there is better but for an opening act they weren't bad at all. Allthough the guy in the white shirt bent over his guitar was kind of annoying, but I guess that is how he plays, so no biggie.

Now onto tool. I dont know about the rest of you but I absolutley love jambi, I thought it was a great opener for the concert, what seeing as this is a 10,000 days tour. It is probably the best song to open with off of 10k days I'd say. My voice went hoarce about 5 minutes after cheering and singing into this, my throat is still sore from last night. Thats why I ended up not cheering more or singing along....gah I really needed water. annyways.

The first part of the concert was pretty good no jokes, I liked it. It did seem as though maynard was a bit uninspired though during this part, maybe that is why I felt this way? After rosetta stoned the vibe picked up and stayed at a very good natural high the rest of the way through, right in 2 was absolutley amazing. At some points I swore I could have reached out and touched the lasers and ate them, it was really amazing. second hand smoke combined with the smoke machines made for awesome visuals. Pretty much the last hour sticks out as being the best of the whole concert....if you can consider an entire hour to stick out from the rest...heh. I loved how they slowed everything down in comparison to the album so you could really pick out the notes everyone was playing. Lateralus was just too good, and Vicarious I generally skip over when playing 10k days because I get kinda tired of it but live it was 10x better.

Aenima is my favorite song so I was glad to hear before going that tool pretty much always ends on it. Even though I had no voice I was singing as loud as I could, voice craking like crazy.

I dont think any tool concert will top my first, much like ex your first time. I'm addicted though, I really want to see them next time they come to fort worth. The only things that got me down was I couldn't hear maynard too well but that could very well be thanks to me singing along very loudly to everything with my voice being incredibly hoarse. I was hoping very badly for 3rd eye but hey cant always get what you want, and it isn't as though not hearing it took anything away from an awesome show for me, once tool started I completley forgot I wanted to hear 3rd eye.

haha dang that was a long post. hope I didn't bore anyone :)
Old 05-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/16 - Fort Worth, TX - Ft. Worth Convention Center

first off I'd like to say I completley agree with the old brothers. The only radio station I can even listen to down in dallas is the edge on occasion, jack fm on occasion, and the bone on occasion, but they are all plauged by so many crappy bands that cant even compare to tool. dont whine about the concert...what seeing as it is better than anything you will be getting from anyone else now a days (well not to hate on tool or anything but RATM does put on quite a show as well and if they do come back to do a tour there is another show worth seeing...but well you get my point)

To put you into prespective I pretty much had nosebleed seats, on the right side in like row Y. I could still see the visuals and the cowboy stuff maynard was doing though just fine. Not as though having the worst seat possible would have been bad in such a small arena but you get the idea.

To start I guess I'll address kinski. They were pretty good for experimental IMO. This was my first tool concert and I guess everyone does hold openers to tool standard and just brush the openers aside as nothing? I thought they were pretty good, nothing I'd go out and buy a CD of but they had some pretty good complex beats and they definatley had skill. I'm kinda sad hearing someone just straight up saying they were terrible, sure there is better but for an opening act they weren't bad at all. Allthough the guy in the white shirt bent over his guitar was kind of annoying, but I guess that is how he plays, so no biggie.

Now onto tool. I dont know about the rest of you but I absolutley love jambi, I thought it was a great opener for the concert, what seeing as this is a 10,000 days tour. It is probably the best song to open with off of 10k days I'd say. My voice went hoarce about 5 minutes after cheering and singing into this, my throat is still sore from last night. Thats why I ended up not cheering more or singing along....gah I really needed water. annyways.

The first part of the concert was pretty good no jokes, I liked it. It did seem as though maynard was a bit uninspired though during this part, maybe that is why I felt this way? After rosetta stoned the vibe picked up and stayed at a very good natural high the rest of the way through, right in 2 was absolutley amazing. At some points I swore I could have reached out and touched the lasers and ate them, it was really amazing. second hand smoke combined with the smoke machines made for awesome visuals. Pretty much the last hour sticks out as being the best of the whole concert....if you can consider an entire hour to stick out from the rest...heh. I loved how they slowed everything down in comparison to the album so you could really pick out the notes everyone was playing. Lateralus was just too good, and Vicarious I generally skip over when playing 10k days because I get kinda tired of it but live it was 10x better.

Aenima is my favorite song so I was glad to hear before going that tool pretty much always ends on it. Even though I had no voice I was singing as loud as I could, voice craking like crazy.

I dont think any tool concert will top my first, much like ex your first time. I'm addicted though, I really want to see them next time they come to fort worth. The only things that got me down was I couldn't hear maynard too well but that could very well be thanks to me singing along very loudly to everything with my voice being incredibly hoarse. I was hoping very badly for 3rd eye but hey cant always get what you want, and it isn't as though not hearing it took anything away from an awesome show for me, once tool started I completley forgot I wanted to hear 3rd eye.

haha dang that was a long post. hope I didn't bore anyone :)
OFFLINE |