View Single Post
goosenesque
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM

First, let me start by saying...

I GOT A SETLIST!!!! And actually I got my hands on Danny's drumhead, but some dude with a mohawk snatched it from me. I also may have broken by leg climbing over a chair at the end to get a setlist, but it's all good.

As for the show...this was my 3rd show in the last 12 months (SMU, AAC, Ft. Worth), and it was probably the best one. Like someone above me said, the production was MUCH better this time, and though the guys, especially Maynard and Adam, were more active at the AAC show, this show was longer and more cohesive. I timed the show...started at 9:01 and ended at 11:02 exactly.

I was sitting dead center 14th row of floor, and the sound was good, but I felt like Adam was a little too loud. I guess that's what happens when you're close. Justin's sound was a little inconsistent...sometimes he would come through so clear, but other times it was a little hard to hear him murder his bass. Overall though, an amazing show, the best of 3 Tool shows I've seen, and I look forward to seeing them one more time in Oklahoma on Saturday. Cheers!

Oh, and Lateralus was already arguably one of the best rock songs of the last 15 years, but somehow they've managed to make it even better. This performance of it literally put me in a trance for the first time in my life.

Last edited by goosenesque; 05-16-2007 at 09:45 PM..
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/16 - Fort Worth, TX - Ft. Worth Convention Center

First, let me start by saying...

I GOT A SETLIST!!!! And actually I got my hands on Danny's drumhead, but some dude with a mohawk snatched it from me. I also may have broken by leg climbing over a chair at the end to get a setlist, but it's all good.

As for the show...this was my 3rd show in the last 12 months (SMU, AAC, Ft. Worth), and it was probably the best one. Like someone above me said, the production was MUCH better this time, and though the guys, especially Maynard and Adam, were more active at the AAC show, this show was longer and more cohesive. I timed the show...started at 9:01 and ended at 11:02 exactly.

I was sitting dead center 14th row of floor, and the sound was good, but I felt like Adam was a little too loud. I guess that's what happens when you're close. Justin's sound was a little inconsistent...sometimes he would come through so clear, but other times it was a little hard to hear him murder his bass. Overall though, an amazing show, the best of 3 Tool shows I've seen, and I look forward to seeing them one more time in Oklahoma on Saturday. Cheers!

Oh, and Lateralus was already arguably one of the best rock songs of the last 15 years, but somehow they've managed to make it even better. This performance of it literally put me in a trance for the first time in my life.

Last edited by goosenesque; 05-16-2007 at 09:45 PM..
OFFLINE |