View Single Post
HCjarric
05-14-2007, 07:31 AM

Tool tore it up as usual. People behind me didn't like the fact I was standing at a concert, but at least they were nice about asking me to move to the stairs, or sit down. Took a few pictures on my phone, but I have no pictures from any of the 7 tool shows I've seen, so figured I'd get a few. Sorry if this was an inconvenience to anyone nearby. Like everyone else has said, Tool has made some minor improvements to the stage show. I won't complain about the setlist, other than saying I would like to hear some older stuff, but it seems everyone is saying that.
As far as the the city and venue. The venue was decent. The drinking situation was just stupid. I should be able to drink a beer wherever I want to. I've never heard of a place having designated drinking areas because its an all ages show. I'm sure when they have the hockey games/sporting events in that place, they let you drink wherever you want. This wasn't really that big of a deal, all it did was save me money and lose money for them.
Had a run in with the Wichita Police after the show, and they were the biggest pieces of shit I've ever ran into. They took full advantage of their authority. Thought arresting my friend for having 2 joints on him and leaving him at the SCPD for 8 hours was giving us a break. Threatened to take all 5 of us in even though the other 4 of us had nothing on us. You'd think these Barney Phife clones would be more worried about drunk drivers, saving lives, etc. then someone holding a little pot. Every other time I've been in that situation the cop would confiscate the pot and let us go on our way because they had more important things to do than harass a stoner that has less then an 1/8 of pot. Not these guys. We were trying to talk to them like normal, cooperative people and these dicksacks still had the nerve to get in my female friend's face and yell at her until she came to tears. Real tough guys, making a girl cry. These 2 dipshits probably thought they were doing quite the service to their community when they were through with us. I understand pot is illegal, but come on. I'm sure people in Wichita aren't as closed minded and full of themselves as these cops were, but I'm never going back or putting another dime into that shithole of a city.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

Tool tore it up as usual. People behind me didn't like the fact I was standing at a concert, but at least they were nice about asking me to move to the stairs, or sit down. Took a few pictures on my phone, but I have no pictures from any of the 7 tool shows I've seen, so figured I'd get a few. Sorry if this was an inconvenience to anyone nearby. Like everyone else has said, Tool has made some minor improvements to the stage show. I won't complain about the setlist, other than saying I would like to hear some older stuff, but it seems everyone is saying that.
As far as the the city and venue. The venue was decent. The drinking situation was just stupid. I should be able to drink a beer wherever I want to. I've never heard of a place having designated drinking areas because its an all ages show. I'm sure when they have the hockey games/sporting events in that place, they let you drink wherever you want. This wasn't really that big of a deal, all it did was save me money and lose money for them.
Had a run in with the Wichita Police after the show, and they were the biggest pieces of shit I've ever ran into. They took full advantage of their authority. Thought arresting my friend for having 2 joints on him and leaving him at the SCPD for 8 hours was giving us a break. Threatened to take all 5 of us in even though the other 4 of us had nothing on us. You'd think these Barney Phife clones would be more worried about drunk drivers, saving lives, etc. then someone holding a little pot. Every other time I've been in that situation the cop would confiscate the pot and let us go on our way because they had more important things to do than harass a stoner that has less then an 1/8 of pot. Not these guys. We were trying to talk to them like normal, cooperative people and these dicksacks still had the nerve to get in my female friend's face and yell at her until she came to tears. Real tough guys, making a girl cry. These 2 dipshits probably thought they were doing quite the service to their community when they were through with us. I understand pot is illegal, but come on. I'm sure people in Wichita aren't as closed minded and full of themselves as these cops were, but I'm never going back or putting another dime into that shithole of a city.
OFFLINE |