View Single Post
BreakX's Avatar BreakX
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM

Awesome show. Only thing I would suggest would be to turn Maynard up. There were several points during the night where I couldn't hear him at all or just barely hear him in the distance. He seemed to be the loudest during the new songs. Everyone seemed to be really on, and it was an enjoyable experience.

I laughed pretty hard when I saw people moshing to Right in Two at the point where Maynard was saying, "Fight till they... etc" but was really surpried that people moshed during 10,000 days. To each their own I guess, but it just seems odd to mosh during a song that is a memorium to someone's dead mom.. Oh well.

Crowd was pretty cool for the most part though. I'm really confused as to why people throw shit on stage. Adam almost got hit with a shirt or something and it rested on his pedals to which a tech had to come remove it, Justin had a close call with a glow stick..

Lateralus was the highlight for me. I've seen it performed live several times, but the combination of the music, images, and the new drum break really set me over the edge. I would like to hear some older stuff, but everything I did hear was really awesome.

Well worth the 2.5 hour drive from Lawrence.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:18 PM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/05/11 - Wichita, KS - Kansas Coliseum

Awesome show. Only thing I would suggest would be to turn Maynard up. There were several points during the night where I couldn't hear him at all or just barely hear him in the distance. He seemed to be the loudest during the new songs. Everyone seemed to be really on, and it was an enjoyable experience.

I laughed pretty hard when I saw people moshing to Right in Two at the point where Maynard was saying, "Fight till they... etc" but was really surpried that people moshed during 10,000 days. To each their own I guess, but it just seems odd to mosh during a song that is a memorium to someone's dead mom.. Oh well.

Crowd was pretty cool for the most part though. I'm really confused as to why people throw shit on stage. Adam almost got hit with a shirt or something and it rested on his pedals to which a tech had to come remove it, Justin had a close call with a glow stick..

Lateralus was the highlight for me. I've seen it performed live several times, but the combination of the music, images, and the new drum break really set me over the edge. I would like to hear some older stuff, but everything I did hear was really awesome.

Well worth the 2.5 hour drive from Lawrence.
OFFLINE |