View Single Post
UndertowCon46
05-02-2007, 08:40 AM

Due to the insane amount of money I just spent, I'm getting this off my chest.

My god that was terrible. I just got home after going to one of the Vegas shows and this one. I flew out west from NY, despite Albany and Canada shows later this summer because I won't be available. This was the worst Tool show I've ever seen, and probably my last unless reviews start turning around. Maynard doesn't care anymore. Period. Stop being affraid to say it and making defenses, he's not going to hurt you, he's just going to buy more wine with your money.

I had some great shows this tour, my favorite being Fox Theatre Detroit last May, on their warm up small venue stint. That was the best I've seen them do for 10,000 Days and ever since I've had an increasing sense that the Nard isn't in it like he used to be. Because he used to be my favorite member of the band it pains me more than you know to realize this. I've seen enough shows to say this NEVER happened before on other tours and isn't an isolated incident this tour. I was along the lines some of you are still at earlier, such as thinking he's saving his voice, or expressing the art in a more musical form. Total BS, this was show number five this tour spread out all over the country over a full years time. I've experienced the vibe. He's a selfish rock star now.

At first this tour I was dissapointed to see him in a cowboy hat dancing around during songs like Schism or Lateralus (as opposed to Lateralus shows where he was totally serious and delivering a powerful message)... but then I adapted and accepted that the band was just playing hits to have fun. It became fun for me as well, despite still prefering the mystical stage pressence of years past. Today is where I draw the line. He slapped us all in the face. If you're sick, FINE... say something about it. I had to laugh at a poster above so hesitant to go against Tool that he said the second hand smoke probably made Maynard not talk. Come on, I sort of get that, but one line of explanation isn't going to kill a guy thats making millions on our money. And somebody said we should be lucky he even came on stage when a member of the crowd ruined 10,000 Days. You'd be right if that was the first song of the show, it wasn't. Maynard wasn't there long before that incident even occured. At least the rest of the band is still completely solid, and looks like they care (ex. Danny going insane during Lateralus, as if to say "sorry guys, I know it sucked tonight... take this home at least") Nobody respond to this, I already know I sound like a jerk. Like I said, just a rant because of how much money I lost. ~Out

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 05-02-2007 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: looks too long, sloppy
Old 05-02-2007, 08:40 AM   #38
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Due to the insane amount of money I just spent, I'm getting this off my chest.

My god that was terrible. I just got home after going to one of the Vegas shows and this one. I flew out west from NY, despite Albany and Canada shows later this summer because I won't be available. This was the worst Tool show I've ever seen, and probably my last unless reviews start turning around. Maynard doesn't care anymore. Period. Stop being affraid to say it and making defenses, he's not going to hurt you, he's just going to buy more wine with your money.

I had some great shows this tour, my favorite being Fox Theatre Detroit last May, on their warm up small venue stint. That was the best I've seen them do for 10,000 Days and ever since I've had an increasing sense that the Nard isn't in it like he used to be. Because he used to be my favorite member of the band it pains me more than you know to realize this. I've seen enough shows to say this NEVER happened before on other tours and isn't an isolated incident this tour. I was along the lines some of you are still at earlier, such as thinking he's saving his voice, or expressing the art in a more musical form. Total BS, this was show number five this tour spread out all over the country over a full years time. I've experienced the vibe. He's a selfish rock star now.

At first this tour I was dissapointed to see him in a cowboy hat dancing around during songs like Schism or Lateralus (as opposed to Lateralus shows where he was totally serious and delivering a powerful message)... but then I adapted and accepted that the band was just playing hits to have fun. It became fun for me as well, despite still prefering the mystical stage pressence of years past. Today is where I draw the line. He slapped us all in the face. If you're sick, FINE... say something about it. I had to laugh at a poster above so hesitant to go against Tool that he said the second hand smoke probably made Maynard not talk. Come on, I sort of get that, but one line of explanation isn't going to kill a guy thats making millions on our money. And somebody said we should be lucky he even came on stage when a member of the crowd ruined 10,000 Days. You'd be right if that was the first song of the show, it wasn't. Maynard wasn't there long before that incident even occured. At least the rest of the band is still completely solid, and looks like they care (ex. Danny going insane during Lateralus, as if to say "sorry guys, I know it sucked tonight... take this home at least") Nobody respond to this, I already know I sound like a jerk. Like I said, just a rant because of how much money I lost. ~Out

Last edited by UndertowCon46; 05-02-2007 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: looks too long, sloppy
OFFLINE |