View Single Post
Aenima72826
05-13-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinheads View Post
"Compassion is the vice of kings" So compassion is a bad thing? Quite strange. I thought compassion is really what holds us all together. Even Maynard sang, "Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion." I also remember Maynard mentioning the importance of compassion during one of the live shows in the Lateralus era. So, why would he support Crowley? His teachings seem to directly contradict his own beliefs. Unless of course, there is a reverse meaning to his lyrics.
No. everyone has vices, but a KINGS vice is compassion. What is being said is that a person who has compassion is a king among men.

Quote:
Moving on....The following quotes are from Crowley's Magik: in theory and practice (1929)

"Those magicians who object to the use of blood, have endeavored to replace it with incense. But, the bloody sacrifice, though more dangerous, is more efficacious. And for nearly all purposes, human sacrifice is the best." OK, so the band Tool is OK with promoting someone who is all for human sacrifice. Interesting. But, it gets more disturbing.

"The animal should therefore be killed within the circle, or triangle, so that its energy cannot escape. for the highest spiritual working, one must accordingly choose that victim which contains the greatest and purest force, a child of male perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim." (page 95)
from the Aenima album pamphlet: "No true ritual magician has ever sacrificed life, drank goats blood, or taken part in any other part of stupid urban legend ritual" now why would they put that in their album if they believed and supported that type of thing? Crowley loved to take the piss out of the "media" at the time because he couldnt legally write about sex explicitly he would often write the most obscene things he could legally get away with. (he never spent a day in jail either which if he was openly writing about these things and doing them youd think he would have been caught eventually.)

Quote:
Now, whether you're a Christian or not. If you're a good person with truly positive intentions, you would never want your little brother or sister, son or daughter....to be sacrificed. This is truly evil. And if you actually believe in Crowley's teachings, you're very sick and need help.
So you dont want people to bash you for what you believe but you will misinterpret someone elses beliefs and tell them they are evil and terrible? ok.

Quote:
So, where am I wrong here? Or, maybe someone can confirm that I am right.
everywhere basically.
aenima72826#3762
Old 05-13-2019, 08:11 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Danny Carey/Aleister Crowley Relation

Quote:
"Compassion is the vice of kings" So compassion is a bad thing? Quite strange. I thought compassion is really what holds us all together. Even Maynard sang, "Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion." I also remember Maynard mentioning the importance of compassion during one of the live shows in the Lateralus era. So, why would he support Crowley? His teachings seem to directly contradict his own beliefs. Unless of course, there is a reverse meaning to his lyrics.
No. everyone has vices, but a KINGS vice is compassion. What is being said is that a person who has compassion is a king among men.

Quote:
Moving on....The following quotes are from Crowley's Magik: in theory and practice (1929)

"Those magicians who object to the use of blood, have endeavored to replace it with incense. But, the bloody sacrifice, though more dangerous, is more efficacious. And for nearly all purposes, human sacrifice is the best." OK, so the band Tool is OK with promoting someone who is all for human sacrifice. Interesting. But, it gets more disturbing.

"The animal should therefore be killed within the circle, or triangle, so that its energy cannot escape. for the highest spiritual working, one must accordingly choose that victim which contains the greatest and purest force, a child of male perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim." (page 95)
from the Aenima album pamphlet: "No true ritual magician has ever sacrificed life, drank goats blood, or taken part in any other part of stupid urban legend ritual" now why would they put that in their album if they believed and supported that type of thing? Crowley loved to take the piss out of the "media" at the time because he couldnt legally write about sex explicitly he would often write the most obscene things he could legally get away with. (he never spent a day in jail either which if he was openly writing about these things and doing them youd think he would have been caught eventually.)

Quote:
Now, whether you're a Christian or not. If you're a good person with truly positive intentions, you would never want your little brother or sister, son or daughter....to be sacrificed. This is truly evil. And if you actually believe in Crowley's teachings, you're very sick and need help.
So you dont want people to bash you for what you believe but you will misinterpret someone elses beliefs and tell them they are evil and terrible? ok.

Quote:
So, where am I wrong here? Or, maybe someone can confirm that I am right.
everywhere basically.
aenima72826#3762
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote