View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 03:46 AM   #79
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/24 - Katowice, POL - Spodek Arena

Whoa, definitely hot place here... see how tool fans react :). All in all Chuck makes a good summaries in-between, so worth reading.

"during vicarious I got the idea that the lyrics were tuned up a little bit and sounded clearer - this song has great live feeling (oh and the very simple effect of putting "tv-noise" on the screens did the trick for me!)"

Ouch... sorry, pal, this is the video from aenima tour. Pretty old :). in 2001 it was played to 46'n'2 (in Warsaw) and to Swamp Song (in Krakow) - for which it was originally made, I suspect.

"from what I heard he's rather singing "Damn my eyes", but it's weird, so I dunno..."

Jambi - I'm gonna bet :P

As for ticket design - please remember that they were designed and printed before official TTD artwork has been released. They planned to release tickets as soon as possible (stupid and dunno why, but they for sure got reasons), so that's why the old (pretty lame yes, but ok when compared to ozzfest 2002 ticket :P) design happened.

Commenting about negative transimttal in TTD, I was rather joking. Catching the overall message in TOOL albums is rather fishy. You could for sure say, that whole Lateralus brings very positive feeling. Aenima just stay cryptic, and you can interpret it whatever way you like (Pushit could be positive or negative after all, depends on the light you see it in). TTD is more "the world is going down, so sad, but, uh, we don't really care, do we?" message. Definitely a blues album, where the pain is somewhat put. But then again MJK attitude change abit too. He stated in recent reviews that until Lateralus he believed that collective conscious, knowledge and cooperation can lift us up. But unfortunately he is not ths way anymore. And this has it's reflection in TTD.

It's not a place for such disscusion anyway, so let's EOT and focus on concert reviews.