View Single Post
Old 12-13-2002, 06:40 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by J1516
The Strokes- say what you will, they rock
The Vines- fucking suck
You see: this is the beauty of it. I actually think the opposite to you on that. :)

Quote:
And MyOptika, I don't find that sad. I'd love to have your uncles life, and I know a bunch of musicians that'd love to still be traveling the world and playing music. He could just say covers, play a cover, then for the rest of the night play orriginals. Or fuck with them and play a cover completely differently (ex: Yo La Tengo's version of Little Honda).
He does actually get quite sneaky when playing gigs now. He does things like that.

I'm actually going down the same route as him. I won't post links to mp3s and suchlike, because this isn't a board for spamming. If anyone's interested in hearing some unfinished music, then send me a PM (you can do that here, right?)

Quote:
And people, please stop bashing Pop. It's great. To clarify, Britney Spears = CRAP. The Beatles= GREAT. I mean, if you guys are listening to tool so much, and the point is to achieve happiness and salvation, then where does pop music not fit into that? I feel like I've found my footing in life, and pop music is a big part of it. And pop music is a big means of self expression. Look at the beatles, and the microphones (the glow, donwload, now). Great pop music comes out a lot, but not really on MTV.
I totally agree with you. I'm a big fan of Weezer (say what you will), and I consider them pop music. Pop music does have its place. I respect any music which is written by an artist with a genuine passion for it, be it pop, rock, dance, anything. What I don't respect is people just writing music to make money. That is what the true meaning of selling-out is, no matter what Tool say ;)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote