View Single Post
Old 12-13-2002, 01:45 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I'm almost glad those horrid things exist

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I would/could enjoy any of that horror that they call "music". (I have to admit how humerous I find it when they call it a 'band' even though NONE of them play instruments)... but really, I'm not opposed to their existance. I'm glad there is Brittney Spears out there to distract the ignorant populous. Do you want those Pre-Teen girls to listen to TooL? Do you want to see the "Hush" video played on MTV's Total Request Live? I dunno... I really don't. It would just seem sad to me. Those people don't listen to music as an inspriation, as a platform to better themselves. They don't listen to music as a part of their life, with the intensity and attention as they should. They listen to it with their friends at clubs trying to pick up members of the opposite sex and wearing too tight of clothing. I personally would not want TooL or Dream Theatre or other great bands being played for those people to take for granted. They take their music for granted, they know that their Limp Bizkit and Sum 41 and whatever else is out there will always be there, with some new "Hot" replacement around the corner, and it keeps them secure and I would like for them to stay that way. It's sad for them... but the way it must be.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote