View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 12:16 PM   #17
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

J1516

I would wonder where you are and your age. In 1994 I witnessed a beautiful series of moments when 311 came to play at LSU in Baton Rouge. Nothing but freaks in the crowds, 500+ kids, the first album was dope and second one was doper live. I can't tell you enough how much P-Nute has influenced me as a bassist, and how much in awe I used to be before I developed my own stage presence of his command over the low end. He does it playfully, but with complete control of the hard licks he pulls off. Plus the music was fresh and new at the time, when all that was around were Nirvana ripoffs. With a liking for hip-hop grooves early on in my life, it was natural for rock and rap to come together, I just didnt see it till after the fact. Anyway, that was a long time ago. And all they have been talking about since day 1 is evolution, thinking positive, with crowley-esque remarks and P-Nut has the "Do what thou wilt..." tattooed on his leg. The third album is not that great but the rest of them are, especially Grassroots and Transistor.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote