View Single Post
fzanes
06-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91mini View Post
I blame UNO for this. Seats on the floor? Give me a break! I was not fortunate enough to obtain floor seats but a friend of mine was and he gave the same report. The seats were too close together making moving around all but impossible without fear of tripping or falling over. He went to the back of the floor area and stood to be more comfortable. Even if your not into the moshing and crowd surfing aspect of a rock show how can you expect a crowd to get into the music by standing side by side in single file like a bunch of robots. I'm sure Tool loved see a floor full of drones.

Security was the strictest I've seen at any venue. The guy in front of me had his cell phone battery taken out of it and confiscated while the girl next to him smoked a joint and watched and nothing was said to her. Concerts are not what they used to be.

As for the setlist. Enough cannot be said. Amazing setlist and well executed. Adam seemed to not be on his A game and missed quite a few pivotal notes but all together a good show. Special effects, lighting, and vocals were amazing. The last 2 times that I seen Tool you could barely here Maynards voice over the mushy, muddy sound coming out of the speakers.
It must have been where you were sitting man. I was in the upper level and every person around me was taking pictures every few seconds and lighting up like there was no tomorrow. I have no problem with it, live and let live, but we didn't see one security guard in our section all night.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.19.2010 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91mini View Post
I blame UNO for this. Seats on the floor? Give me a break! I was not fortunate enough to obtain floor seats but a friend of mine was and he gave the same report. The seats were too close together making moving around all but impossible without fear of tripping or falling over. He went to the back of the floor area and stood to be more comfortable. Even if your not into the moshing and crowd surfing aspect of a rock show how can you expect a crowd to get into the music by standing side by side in single file like a bunch of robots. I'm sure Tool loved see a floor full of drones.

Security was the strictest I've seen at any venue. The guy in front of me had his cell phone battery taken out of it and confiscated while the girl next to him smoked a joint and watched and nothing was said to her. Concerts are not what they used to be.

As for the setlist. Enough cannot be said. Amazing setlist and well executed. Adam seemed to not be on his A game and missed quite a few pivotal notes but all together a good show. Special effects, lighting, and vocals were amazing. The last 2 times that I seen Tool you could barely here Maynards voice over the mushy, muddy sound coming out of the speakers.
It must have been where you were sitting man. I was in the upper level and every person around me was taking pictures every few seconds and lighting up like there was no tomorrow. I have no problem with it, live and let live, but we didn't see one security guard in our section all night.
OFFLINE |