View Single Post
handicapable
07-31-2009, 01:58 PM

pros: this was my 6th time seeing tool. the band was fantastic, they really do great variations on each and every of the songs.

cons: my only complaint, performance wise. specifically is that maynard didn't sing the last few lines of vicarious. i had read on this site he did that before, i read that there was a technical issue on stinkfist but read they've been having issues quite a bit on this tour...
whatever the reason, it's disappointing when the rest of the band go above and beyond to play the music and he doesn't sing his parts.. i'd certainly be annoyed if danny stopped drumming, etc..

this was the 3rd time i've seen this setlist, i saw it at the '07 Baltimore show and minus/plus a few different tracks at bonnaroo.
i certainly enjoyed it but to answer a poster above who seems angry at fans criticisms. they have plenty of material they could play.. asking what i'd rather hear?
something i didn't hear at the very last tour.

this certainly wasn't my favorite show of theirs i've seen but it was still very, very entertaining despite the few cons.

unrelated: traffic was absolutely terrible. i know i don't live in the biggest city but there are much, much better venues i'd have rather had them play.
i'd love to see them play outside again.
i'd love to see them play third eye just one fucking time.
i'd love to win the lottery and become immortal.

finally, sing2thedeathrattle.. thank you for posting that. white knuckled and angry.
unintentional humor is my favorite brand of comedy and for that i am appreciative.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

pros: this was my 6th time seeing tool. the band was fantastic, they really do great variations on each and every of the songs.

cons: my only complaint, performance wise. specifically is that maynard didn't sing the last few lines of vicarious. i had read on this site he did that before, i read that there was a technical issue on stinkfist but read they've been having issues quite a bit on this tour...
whatever the reason, it's disappointing when the rest of the band go above and beyond to play the music and he doesn't sing his parts.. i'd certainly be annoyed if danny stopped drumming, etc..

this was the 3rd time i've seen this setlist, i saw it at the '07 Baltimore show and minus/plus a few different tracks at bonnaroo.
i certainly enjoyed it but to answer a poster above who seems angry at fans criticisms. they have plenty of material they could play.. asking what i'd rather hear?
something i didn't hear at the very last tour.

this certainly wasn't my favorite show of theirs i've seen but it was still very, very entertaining despite the few cons.

unrelated: traffic was absolutely terrible. i know i don't live in the biggest city but there are much, much better venues i'd have rather had them play.
i'd love to see them play outside again.
i'd love to see them play third eye just one fucking time.
i'd love to win the lottery and become immortal.

finally, sing2thedeathrattle.. thank you for posting that. white knuckled and angry.
unintentional humor is my favorite brand of comedy and for that i am appreciative.
OFFLINE |