View Single Post
mike357
07-31-2009, 06:23 AM

I was surprised by Tweak Bird, I had read that their drummer was awesome but I was skeptical. I honestly think they need to find a lead singer and then not let any of the existing members sing back up, they are terrible at it. Ozzy doesn't even sound good so they should not be trying to sing like him. Overall though I was impressed. They even managed to make a flute sound badass in a metal song. Also someone needs to let them know that capes aren't really in style anymore. Especially purple capes.

Tool was awesome as expected. I was towards the front 25 percent of the floor just to the left of the middle and the audio was horrible. Danny,Justin, and Adam sounded loud and clear and awesome, but strangely enough even though I could hear Maynard loud and clear when he spoke, I could only hear him singing about 20 percent of the time. What I heard was very good though. Just wish his mic was turned up to a decent level.
I'd say vicarious was the highlight of the night for me, because I could actually hear him the whole way through. Rosetta Stoned was also a great experience.

P.S. the guy a few posts up is not kidding about Tweak Bird's Album art. If Michael Jackson designed the cover of Nirvana's "Nevermind", it would look identical to Tweak Bird's. REALLY CREEPY.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:23 AM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

I was surprised by Tweak Bird, I had read that their drummer was awesome but I was skeptical. I honestly think they need to find a lead singer and then not let any of the existing members sing back up, they are terrible at it. Ozzy doesn't even sound good so they should not be trying to sing like him. Overall though I was impressed. They even managed to make a flute sound badass in a metal song. Also someone needs to let them know that capes aren't really in style anymore. Especially purple capes.

Tool was awesome as expected. I was towards the front 25 percent of the floor just to the left of the middle and the audio was horrible. Danny,Justin, and Adam sounded loud and clear and awesome, but strangely enough even though I could hear Maynard loud and clear when he spoke, I could only hear him singing about 20 percent of the time. What I heard was very good though. Just wish his mic was turned up to a decent level.
I'd say vicarious was the highlight of the night for me, because I could actually hear him the whole way through. Rosetta Stoned was also a great experience.

P.S. the guy a few posts up is not kidding about Tweak Bird's Album art. If Michael Jackson designed the cover of Nirvana's "Nevermind", it would look identical to Tweak Bird's. REALLY CREEPY.
OFFLINE |