View Single Post
TheHunter
07-31-2009, 06:11 AM

Went with my godson and mixed wife, definitely worthwhile!

The whole setlist thing does nag at me, but what can you do?

I suppose I liked the mel gibson center better than verizon center, even though it took us almost 2 1/2 hours to make a 50 mile drive. The d.c. beltway is like being stuck in satan's taint, and I wasn't even sure at times we would make it there intact. I've never been to a tool show before where there was a genuine tailgate atmosphere, made me feel like I was at a game (a Ravens game!)

tweakbird seemed to be a bit overhyped. I read some other review saying they were like a mix of rush, led zep, and floyd; and I do believe that's not the case, chums. more like the white stripes if it were two guys and devoid of radio-friendly material.

also wasn't impressed by ashton kutcher or whoever the drummer was, it should have been me up there!

as for tool, they sounded just as solid as in years past from my view. although I was too far away to tell if justin was drunk as sit, he seemed in top form. I don't understand the white suits he and adam wear, but I guess it does complement the shui of the white floor.

nardo did sound a bit low in the mix tonight, and I was disappointed to see him just run off the stage after vicarious. vineyards do need constant attention though.

7/10.

aloof levels - 42%
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

Went with my godson and mixed wife, definitely worthwhile!

The whole setlist thing does nag at me, but what can you do?

I suppose I liked the mel gibson center better than verizon center, even though it took us almost 2 1/2 hours to make a 50 mile drive. The d.c. beltway is like being stuck in satan's taint, and I wasn't even sure at times we would make it there intact. I've never been to a tool show before where there was a genuine tailgate atmosphere, made me feel like I was at a game (a Ravens game!)

tweakbird seemed to be a bit overhyped. I read some other review saying they were like a mix of rush, led zep, and floyd; and I do believe that's not the case, chums. more like the white stripes if it were two guys and devoid of radio-friendly material.

also wasn't impressed by ashton kutcher or whoever the drummer was, it should have been me up there!

as for tool, they sounded just as solid as in years past from my view. although I was too far away to tell if justin was drunk as sit, he seemed in top form. I don't understand the white suits he and adam wear, but I guess it does complement the shui of the white floor.

nardo did sound a bit low in the mix tonight, and I was disappointed to see him just run off the stage after vicarious. vineyards do need constant attention though.

7/10.

aloof levels - 42%
OFFLINE |