View Single Post
bigdaddycain's Avatar bigdaddycain
07-31-2009, 04:08 AM

I enjoyed the show and the crowd was really into it. The Patriot Center is a totally underrated areana and has great sound quallities and very good viewing for all. We had amazing seats to the left of the stage 10 rows up. Very good view of everything.

This was a GOOD Tool show..Good, not Great. Better than the Baltimore show in 2007, but could have been really really good if Maynard decided to show up. I gotta agree with megatom5 and all the posts from the shows prior, Maynard is not there. I'm not sure if he is thinking about remixing his Puscifer CD for the 5th time or what, but he is clearly not the same as we was at the start of the 10,000 Days Tour in 2006. Sitting behind Danny's drum kit during band jams and leaving pretty much immediately after Vicarious was insulting to me. The rest of the band stayed out and "thanked" the crowd while Maynard was no where to be found. That sucks IMO.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this 'mini' tour is especially seeing that Maynard is not really into it.

With that said, the rest of the band was dead on. Danny is a beast, Justin was very good as usual (although he was a bit subdued) and Adam sounded great, with no miscues at all.

I liked some of the new visuals that were mixed in as well as the synth stuff Danny and Adam had going on. Very cool....

Tool live will always be a great live show, I just wish Maynard would bring the energy that he did on previous tours.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:08 AM   #20
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

I enjoyed the show and the crowd was really into it. The Patriot Center is a totally underrated areana and has great sound quallities and very good viewing for all. We had amazing seats to the left of the stage 10 rows up. Very good view of everything.

This was a GOOD Tool show..Good, not Great. Better than the Baltimore show in 2007, but could have been really really good if Maynard decided to show up. I gotta agree with megatom5 and all the posts from the shows prior, Maynard is not there. I'm not sure if he is thinking about remixing his Puscifer CD for the 5th time or what, but he is clearly not the same as we was at the start of the 10,000 Days Tour in 2006. Sitting behind Danny's drum kit during band jams and leaving pretty much immediately after Vicarious was insulting to me. The rest of the band stayed out and "thanked" the crowd while Maynard was no where to be found. That sucks IMO.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this 'mini' tour is especially seeing that Maynard is not really into it.

With that said, the rest of the band was dead on. Danny is a beast, Justin was very good as usual (although he was a bit subdued) and Adam sounded great, with no miscues at all.

I liked some of the new visuals that were mixed in as well as the synth stuff Danny and Adam had going on. Very cool....

Tool live will always be a great live show, I just wish Maynard would bring the energy that he did on previous tours.