View Single Post
megatom5
07-31-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsForMarie View Post
What a fantastic show, it's so bizzarre how people have been complaining about these shows. I understand that people want progress and want to see something new out of their favourite bands, but this setlist is pure gold. If TOOL were to put out a greatest hits album, it would probably be this setlist. The band actually left the stage today after AEnema. Totally bizzare, left this trancy danny noodle loop going for about 10 minutes before they came out and Lateralized. Why the guy from Tweak Bird needs to come out is absolutely beyond me but it's still fun to hear Danny rip it up, even though this is his third occasion to do so of the evening (Forty Six & 2 and Schism breakdown being the other two). The intermission was very akin to the lateralus noise intermission, I don't quite understand what's going on there but it's obvious touring is hitting maynard hard. I lost my voice just singing from the audience, so if he's doing that night after night, and he's over 40 I can understand how it's hard. He also threw his megaphone during stinkfist when it wasn't working, which was what caused him to miss the first two lines. After that the backup seemed to be working properly. More Later
I'm sorry didn't realize a greatest hits album would almost completely ignore 6 of the bands actual hits: Sober Prison Sex, H., Eulogy, Parabola, and The Pot. Also if this is the "Greatest Hits" album as you say then this tour is the equivalent of them releasing two greatest hits discs with the same exact songs on it but calling it different names. Also each CD costs $70.

Additionally the Maynard sympathy is just bullshit, he's done what less than 10 shows? I saw Iron Maiden and Judas Priest both of whom had been touring extensively at the time and neither of their singers had any problems belting it out, and I would say some of their vocal parts are harder. Halford held out the near 30 seconds on Screaming for Vengence, and he's pushing 60! I'm sick of all you sheep acting like this tour of playing the same fucking thing every night (the same as nearly the past year of their last tour) is something hard or incredibly trying. No it's boring, fucking boring, and there is no way Tool themselves can't be bored with it unless they know all the fancy stuff it will be buying. This tour is selling out at it's worst because it ltakes away the artistic value of these songs. It's being sold not performed, the fans are being shit on, and Maynard just sits back thinking how many acres of land to buy up for his next vineyard expansion. Btw fuck Maynard Tool is almost better off without him at this point.

Last edited by megatom5; 07-31-2009 at 12:38 AM..
Old 07-31-2009, 12:26 AM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsForMarie View Post
What a fantastic show, it's so bizzarre how people have been complaining about these shows. I understand that people want progress and want to see something new out of their favourite bands, but this setlist is pure gold. If TOOL were to put out a greatest hits album, it would probably be this setlist. The band actually left the stage today after AEnema. Totally bizzare, left this trancy danny noodle loop going for about 10 minutes before they came out and Lateralized. Why the guy from Tweak Bird needs to come out is absolutely beyond me but it's still fun to hear Danny rip it up, even though this is his third occasion to do so of the evening (Forty Six & 2 and Schism breakdown being the other two). The intermission was very akin to the lateralus noise intermission, I don't quite understand what's going on there but it's obvious touring is hitting maynard hard. I lost my voice just singing from the audience, so if he's doing that night after night, and he's over 40 I can understand how it's hard. He also threw his megaphone during stinkfist when it wasn't working, which was what caused him to miss the first two lines. After that the backup seemed to be working properly. More Later
I'm sorry didn't realize a greatest hits album would almost completely ignore 6 of the bands actual hits: Sober Prison Sex, H., Eulogy, Parabola, and The Pot. Also if this is the "Greatest Hits" album as you say then this tour is the equivalent of them releasing two greatest hits discs with the same exact songs on it but calling it different names. Also each CD costs $70.

Additionally the Maynard sympathy is just bullshit, he's done what less than 10 shows? I saw Iron Maiden and Judas Priest both of whom had been touring extensively at the time and neither of their singers had any problems belting it out, and I would say some of their vocal parts are harder. Halford held out the near 30 seconds on Screaming for Vengence, and he's pushing 60! I'm sick of all you sheep acting like this tour of playing the same fucking thing every night (the same as nearly the past year of their last tour) is something hard or incredibly trying. No it's boring, fucking boring, and there is no way Tool themselves can't be bored with it unless they know all the fancy stuff it will be buying. This tour is selling out at it's worst because it ltakes away the artistic value of these songs. It's being sold not performed, the fans are being shit on, and Maynard just sits back thinking how many acres of land to buy up for his next vineyard expansion. Btw fuck Maynard Tool is almost better off without him at this point.

Last edited by megatom5; 07-31-2009 at 12:38 AM..
OFFLINE |