View Single Post
ShadoWolf
07-30-2009, 09:23 PM

This was my 6th Tool show and was fantastic as always. Overall, for reasons that have nothing to do with the band or the music, I would have to rate this as my 2nd favorite show ever. In 2002 I saw them at Baltimore Arena with my wife who happened to be pregnant with my daughter (who is now 6)... at that show I felt my daughter move for first time (during Parabola no less, how fitting...) Now, 6 years later, my daughter was "old enough" to go to her "2nd" Tool concert. She loved it... Tool has always been her favorite band (I guess that neonatal stimulation did have an affect) and she is in love with Maynard (just like the rest of us right?)

Feeling my daughter move for the first time at the '02 show was definitely my #1 Tool experience, but taking her to her first Tool concert she could SEE is a close 2nd. She may just be the only thing I love more than Tool (don't tell my wife!)

The show itself was fantastic, great music, great show. The one comment I have is that it seemed that Maynard was more "at peace" tonight than what I've been reading from the other reviews of this tour. He spoke to the crowd a few times, the first to ask us all to take care of each other and get naked... that's the Maynard I know and love. Maybe he's found a way to have hope again (I could go out on a limb and say that it was because this is the closest show to Washington DC and he has hope that with Bush gone things will start to turn around... but that may be a strech...) In any case, he seemed to be in good spirits tonight. I think my favorite was during Aenima when he did one of his famous lyrical substituions with "fret for your pussy"...

Set list was exactly as expected but still did not disappoint. DC was an animal as usual and Adam and Justin rocked as hard as ever...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

This was my 6th Tool show and was fantastic as always. Overall, for reasons that have nothing to do with the band or the music, I would have to rate this as my 2nd favorite show ever. In 2002 I saw them at Baltimore Arena with my wife who happened to be pregnant with my daughter (who is now 6)... at that show I felt my daughter move for first time (during Parabola no less, how fitting...) Now, 6 years later, my daughter was "old enough" to go to her "2nd" Tool concert. She loved it... Tool has always been her favorite band (I guess that neonatal stimulation did have an affect) and she is in love with Maynard (just like the rest of us right?)

Feeling my daughter move for the first time at the '02 show was definitely my #1 Tool experience, but taking her to her first Tool concert she could SEE is a close 2nd. She may just be the only thing I love more than Tool (don't tell my wife!)

The show itself was fantastic, great music, great show. The one comment I have is that it seemed that Maynard was more "at peace" tonight than what I've been reading from the other reviews of this tour. He spoke to the crowd a few times, the first to ask us all to take care of each other and get naked... that's the Maynard I know and love. Maybe he's found a way to have hope again (I could go out on a limb and say that it was because this is the closest show to Washington DC and he has hope that with Bush gone things will start to turn around... but that may be a strech...) In any case, he seemed to be in good spirits tonight. I think my favorite was during Aenima when he did one of his famous lyrical substituions with "fret for your pussy"...

Set list was exactly as expected but still did not disappoint. DC was an animal as usual and Adam and Justin rocked as hard as ever...
OFFLINE |