View Single Post
mattsihler
07-30-2009, 08:40 PM

I just got home from the show. I went with my wife and my 3 and a half year old son. We all had a great time. The show was awesome. They rocked tonight and gave my son the show of his lifetime. no complaints here about sound or being off beat or anything- that's what you get at a Tool show! They always play their stuff differently every time! That's the point of going to the show, to see them live and see their true creativity at work! If you want to hear them as they sound on a CD, then sit at home and listen to their CD's...

We were a little disppointed with the prices of the shirts. $40 each...and no kids' sizes. we all wanted a souveneer from the show, but $40 a shirt is a little steep for our budget...I guess the rest of Tool fans have that kind of extra money to spend.

Anyway, I went for the show, not the shirts, and the show was beyond words. Maynard seemed really into the crowd and had us all participate in a cool little excercise of brotherly love and whispering all at once "Welcome Home"...

This was my third Tool show, once in 2002, once in 2007, and tonight's; hopefully they keep coming around because I will always do whatever I can to get to their show.

Lovin' it!

Matt Sihler

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 07-30-2009 at 09:46 PM..
Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.30.09 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center

I just got home from the show. I went with my wife and my 3 and a half year old son. We all had a great time. The show was awesome. They rocked tonight and gave my son the show of his lifetime. no complaints here about sound or being off beat or anything- that's what you get at a Tool show! They always play their stuff differently every time! That's the point of going to the show, to see them live and see their true creativity at work! If you want to hear them as they sound on a CD, then sit at home and listen to their CD's...

We were a little disppointed with the prices of the shirts. $40 each...and no kids' sizes. we all wanted a souveneer from the show, but $40 a shirt is a little steep for our budget...I guess the rest of Tool fans have that kind of extra money to spend.

Anyway, I went for the show, not the shirts, and the show was beyond words. Maynard seemed really into the crowd and had us all participate in a cool little excercise of brotherly love and whispering all at once "Welcome Home"...

This was my third Tool show, once in 2002, once in 2007, and tonight's; hopefully they keep coming around because I will always do whatever I can to get to their show.

Lovin' it!

Matt Sihler

Last edited by SadSummerSea; 07-30-2009 at 09:46 PM..
OFFLINE |