View Single Post
DHarv35
07-24-2009, 10:24 PM

although I have a ton to say, it's mostly all been covered above, and so I'll keep this short. Lateralus was the greatest live experience I've ever had. Ever. Incredibly spiritual, in my opinion. And the drum solo was great.

AEnema, Stinkfist...damn it was all amazing. Visuals and lights were unreal. Loved it.

Maynard seemed in good spirits for the most part to me. The whole band was, I felt. Justin was rocking out hard, which I loved.

Was it just me or did Maynard make fun of Danny for being a hippy on numerous occasions? Anyway, the Maynardisms were funny.

It did bother me a bit that Maynard left right after Vicarious, but it -really- bothers me that they aren't doing the group hug at the end.

And lastly, I'd say the one thing that stuck out most to me from this concert was at the very end, after the band (minus Maynard, as stated above) had done its curtain call and were headed off the stage. I remember as Adam was walking off, in the midst of the continuing roar of applause from the Phoenix crowd, he gave a huge fist pump, which caught me by complete surprise. But obviously brought a smile to my face and really made me realize what I'd just experienced, and how special it truly was.

In conclusion: perfection.

Can't wait for Pomona, that drive is gonna be nothing compared to my 8 hours to and from Phoenix.

Last edited by DHarv35; 07-24-2009 at 10:27 PM..
Old 07-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.21.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Arena

although I have a ton to say, it's mostly all been covered above, and so I'll keep this short. Lateralus was the greatest live experience I've ever had. Ever. Incredibly spiritual, in my opinion. And the drum solo was great.

AEnema, Stinkfist...damn it was all amazing. Visuals and lights were unreal. Loved it.

Maynard seemed in good spirits for the most part to me. The whole band was, I felt. Justin was rocking out hard, which I loved.

Was it just me or did Maynard make fun of Danny for being a hippy on numerous occasions? Anyway, the Maynardisms were funny.

It did bother me a bit that Maynard left right after Vicarious, but it -really- bothers me that they aren't doing the group hug at the end.

And lastly, I'd say the one thing that stuck out most to me from this concert was at the very end, after the band (minus Maynard, as stated above) had done its curtain call and were headed off the stage. I remember as Adam was walking off, in the midst of the continuing roar of applause from the Phoenix crowd, he gave a huge fist pump, which caught me by complete surprise. But obviously brought a smile to my face and really made me realize what I'd just experienced, and how special it truly was.

In conclusion: perfection.

Can't wait for Pomona, that drive is gonna be nothing compared to my 8 hours to and from Phoenix.

Last edited by DHarv35; 07-24-2009 at 10:27 PM..
OFFLINE |