View Single Post
PaistePlayer
07-22-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravenewworld View Post
So this unfortunately was my first Tool show...yeah yeah yeah...Ive been into them for quite sometime but I've either never had an opportunity to go or something came up...this time, no excuses and for sure was a very perfect experience.
Everyone; including the band was having a great time...its great they put so much effort and personal power into their live renditions as they do recording.

I knew of the setlist prior to attending so i was anticipating the performance, relistening to the tracks to set a nice mood for it and it just blew me away and I wasnt let down in any respects, i think it flowed nicely and the Aenima bonus track was unexpected but nicely fitting for AZ :D

I was overly impressed with the stage lights, and clean set up of the visuals, i think I had a pretty good view of it all so I was not dissapointed at all.
To me, not sure if anyone else did too...but it sounded very over bassy through the loudspeaker and the acoustics...though Ive never seen a concert in USAirwaysCenter prior nor a Tool show live.
It wasnt awful, just sort of stood out to me.

I'm going to relisten to some more of the setlist now, the songs have a new atmosphere live.

Glad to see it pretty packed in there too.

I have some photos from the show; i read through the rules and such didnt see anything against it outright...so if its an issue, I can remove the link or whatever has to be done.

*they are high resolution, non compressed, straight from the cam.

good work to the band, and all those who put together the impecible light show and visuals.
-GNW

After looking at these pictures, and all the drummers that come around here.......I can't believe no one has mentioned that Danny has ditched his 8" and 10" shelled Sonor toms for ROTO toms. When I first saw a roto in the pic I thought he must have gone back to it, instead of the Korg Wave drum that he has been rolling with. NOPE, wave drum still there!! He is using ROTO's as racks. Can anyone say Bill Bruford? Killer!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #28
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.21.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravenewworld View Post
So this unfortunately was my first Tool show...yeah yeah yeah...Ive been into them for quite sometime but I've either never had an opportunity to go or something came up...this time, no excuses and for sure was a very perfect experience.
Everyone; including the band was having a great time...its great they put so much effort and personal power into their live renditions as they do recording.

I knew of the setlist prior to attending so i was anticipating the performance, relistening to the tracks to set a nice mood for it and it just blew me away and I wasnt let down in any respects, i think it flowed nicely and the Aenima bonus track was unexpected but nicely fitting for AZ :D

I was overly impressed with the stage lights, and clean set up of the visuals, i think I had a pretty good view of it all so I was not dissapointed at all.
To me, not sure if anyone else did too...but it sounded very over bassy through the loudspeaker and the acoustics...though Ive never seen a concert in USAirwaysCenter prior nor a Tool show live.
It wasnt awful, just sort of stood out to me.

I'm going to relisten to some more of the setlist now, the songs have a new atmosphere live.

Glad to see it pretty packed in there too.

I have some photos from the show; i read through the rules and such didnt see anything against it outright...so if its an issue, I can remove the link or whatever has to be done.

*they are high resolution, non compressed, straight from the cam.

good work to the band, and all those who put together the impecible light show and visuals.
-GNW

After looking at these pictures, and all the drummers that come around here.......I can't believe no one has mentioned that Danny has ditched his 8" and 10" shelled Sonor toms for ROTO toms. When I first saw a roto in the pic I thought he must have gone back to it, instead of the Korg Wave drum that he has been rolling with. NOPE, wave drum still there!! He is using ROTO's as racks. Can anyone say Bill Bruford? Killer!
OFFLINE |