View Single Post
TheRuleOfThree's Avatar TheRuleOfThree
07-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Amazing show. Happy to see the setlist transmitted well!

Highlights for me were 46 & 2, Rosetta Stoned, Lateralus...

But AENEMA was EPIC. SOOOOO good. And the crowd cheered every time he said "Arizona Bay" which was funny. It was so good to hear them all in sync at the end of the song, and the VISUALS - god they were amazing. Lasers, crazy lights, clips from the video... and the best part was on the final snare hit, all the lights went out and the "Interbeing" painting came up on the screen behind the band.

The entire band seemed like they were in good spirits tonight and seemed almost completely together for the entire show. Justin has such a great energy and for some reason after watching Adam all these years play so stoically, seeing him bob his head along to the music just gives you a good feeling. Danny is Danny, what else can you say? And Maynard was fantastic as well.

As the band played "Stinkfist" and the arena was filled with lights, beautiful music and a general sense of warmth and community, I was struck by the lines -

"Something kinda sad about
The way that things have come to be
Desensitized to everything -
What became of subtlety?"

I think that we get a little frustrated because we follow the minutia of this band and know when they're playing the same songs. But every song is a little piece of them and we shouldn't spend our time complaining about it not being enough. I totally understand that the Tool that plays shows in 2009 is different from the Tool that played shows in 2002 and 1997, and that some people expect to get more for their money. But tonight I can say that it's clear that this band puts every dollar of the ticket to good use. A show with this many moving pieces takes a lot to pull off, and they have a pretty substantial crew who all need transport, feeding and assistance.

Anyway, long story short.... Bravo. An amazing experience.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23
Re: 07.21.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Arena

Amazing show. Happy to see the setlist transmitted well!

Highlights for me were 46 & 2, Rosetta Stoned, Lateralus...

But AENEMA was EPIC. SOOOOO good. And the crowd cheered every time he said "Arizona Bay" which was funny. It was so good to hear them all in sync at the end of the song, and the VISUALS - god they were amazing. Lasers, crazy lights, clips from the video... and the best part was on the final snare hit, all the lights went out and the "Interbeing" painting came up on the screen behind the band.

The entire band seemed like they were in good spirits tonight and seemed almost completely together for the entire show. Justin has such a great energy and for some reason after watching Adam all these years play so stoically, seeing him bob his head along to the music just gives you a good feeling. Danny is Danny, what else can you say? And Maynard was fantastic as well.

As the band played "Stinkfist" and the arena was filled with lights, beautiful music and a general sense of warmth and community, I was struck by the lines -

"Something kinda sad about
The way that things have come to be
Desensitized to everything -
What became of subtlety?"

I think that we get a little frustrated because we follow the minutia of this band and know when they're playing the same songs. But every song is a little piece of them and we shouldn't spend our time complaining about it not being enough. I totally understand that the Tool that plays shows in 2009 is different from the Tool that played shows in 2002 and 1997, and that some people expect to get more for their money. But tonight I can say that it's clear that this band puts every dollar of the ticket to good use. A show with this many moving pieces takes a lot to pull off, and they have a pretty substantial crew who all need transport, feeding and assistance.

Anyway, long story short.... Bravo. An amazing experience.
OFFLINE |