View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Anybody heard this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ... well, said by MJK, before playing Opiate on the "Live in Houston" CD
Ever heard of... Jesus, or Buddah? Krishna? Mohammed, any of those guys? They had some pretty good ideas. Then their agents started trying to make some money on them, and fucked everything up. Never trust an agent. This song is about those agents.
So no, this song isn't about Jesus. It's about the people (agents) that use Jesus and his messages and teaching for their benefit. This really leads me to believe that MJK doesn't hate religion as a lot of people have suggested, but that he hates people that use religion to control people.

Makes a lot of sense to me, especially considering some of the stuff he sings about in his 10,000 days.
I don't think it matters what everyone else's opinion is on the meaning of a song. If you find a particular interpretation of a song that you really like and that has special meaning to you, then thats the meaning of the song for you. The songs are written by, and for, different points of view. Unless you're the millionaire rock star that wrote it, you'll never know what the true meaning of a song is.

Last edited by satchel; 01-24-2007 at 07:01 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote