View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #72
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereandthere View Post
Actually just now I sat down, figured out the part that adam fucked up (in about 45 seconds) and played it perfectly to a metronome 50 times straight.

Now had I rehearsed and rehearsed, over and over, not to mention recorded the track on an album, I think I'd be fine. Not trying to sound like I'm awesome or anything, its just not difficult to play.

I'm not bitching and complaining, I'm giving my REVIEW of the show, as per the forum heading "CONCERT REVIEWS". I gave positives, and negatives, one of which was the fact that Adam had some very conspicuous fuckups...

But "concert review" means just repeating over and over how unequivocally awesome Tool is, right?

fuck you, stupid
I heard Adam fuck up, and I heard Maynard not sing lyrics, etc etc.
thats the difference between studio recordings and live music dude, live music is constructed at that moment, fuck ups and all, thats the brilliance of it.

I don't think people will give you shit on here just simply for not saying the show was brilliant, I just they just think yr a tard for saying that Adam is basically a moron for fucking up a simple guitar part. For a band with as many different keys, time signatures, patterns, moods, etc, for him to make a few mistakes is completely acceptable.

Live musicians who play with passion and heart is what I want to see, not live musicians who play with such fear out of maybe not being 100% technically accurate - are fucking robots that I have no interest in seeing.

If you want perfect musicianship, go see Yngwie Malmsteen and if he fucks up a diminished 7th minor, kill yourself out of disgust.

Adam is an artists, artists arent perfect. I'm sure you've messed up a guitar solo,. or raped a pack of underage girls in your time. We aint perfect mofucka.
OFFLINE |