View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #68
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Still recovering from last nights show! Awesome performance by the entire band!
Was my 3rd time seeing Tool (saw them in 1996 & 2002). I would say, even though last nights show was still great, it didnt match up with the previous times I saw them. Maybe because I've been a die hard fan since the beginning and no Opiate/Undertow being played anymore. Still, the new tracks kick ass live and I love them all. Was my first time at the Molson Amp, overall it wasn't bad, but I prefer outside General Admission venues like Molson Park in Barrie. I was in section 201, right on the aisle, was pretty good view, somewhat of a big angle but I could still see the entire band for the whole show.

Seems like everyone had a story about the drunk fans, or the idiots, and yes there were alot! I was feeling pretty damn good by the time TOOL took the stage. Coming from out of town and arriving 5 hours early will do that... lots of beer before the show! Alot of people were pretty drunk/wasted by the time 9:00 came. With the venue being where it is, you kinda have arrive early for parking etc., so the venue was pretty much full for ISIS when they played. Not very often have I seen the opening band perform to a packed audience. They must have loved it! ISIS, they were ok, but to me I didnt care too much about them. I dont think I would enjoy a 2hr set.

As for the TOOL setlist, I think everything has been summed up already, every song was performed great, Danny is amazing to watch, man he must be dead tired after a 2 hour set! The light show/effects were wicked.... overall I was pretty happy with the show. Setlist wasn't my favorite, however I still liked every song.
So glad they didn't play Sober... heard it a million times already.
But like I said, maybe 1 song off Undertow & Opiate would have been nice.

As for the merchandise... wow! $43, $47 for a t-shirt? $80 for a hoodie? WTF? An extra $5 for XXL??? Crazy, but people were paying it as the lineups were huge.

Looking forward to seeing TOOL again.... I hope they come back to Toronto/Hamilton area again before the next album.
OFFLINE |