View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #66
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneman View Post
Yeah, the lights are what make TOOL a great band... The great music they've been making since '92 was just a setup leading up to those lazers.

Moron.
I think what our friend meant was that when the lights came on (indicating the end of the show), he stated 'Tool is a great band'. I doubt if the lasers are what clued him in to the overall mystique and power of Tool.

This was one of the finer shows I've seen, if only due to the presence of 10 000 Days in the setlist. Maynard's voice changed for that one, and you could tell the song means a fair amount to him.

My highlights were certainly Forty Six and Two, Rosetta Stoned (quickly becoming my favourite) and Aenema, though, as I stated earlier, the Wings due was pretty damn powerful.

I was about three rows of people back from the rail, and could see everything, due to the presence of shorter people than I ahead of me. I didn't think that was possible.

Oh...and I caught one of Maynard's water bottles...part of a Multipack they bought in Michigan. It is one of my prized possessions.