View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 08:33 AM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

"Alrighty then.......Picture this if you will"

Show #9 for me. Drove four hours from the depts of hell (Deroit Michigan) to the cultural phenomenon theat is Toronto, Canada. What a city, I'm still in awe. BTW, Hockey Hall of fame........AMAZING!

Set is as stated:

Stinkfist
The Pot
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned
Wings / 10,000 Days
Lateralis
Vicarious
Aenema

Which was dsiappointing to the core. It is the exact same setlist as the previous night in Auburn Hills at the Palace. I was hoping they would add something special for our friends to the north, being the only Canadian stop on the eastern side of the continent. It is also the second straight night, they failed to preform any tracks off Undertow or Opiate. Being a fan of the earlier material, it saddens me to think that Tool has forgotten what was the basis for their current success, raw, uncompromised rock music.

Maynard busted out in a Toronto Mapleleafs #24 jersey but had that off before the end of Stinkfist. Cowboy hat and spiked Mowhawk, and those silly ass cowboy boots.....SHIT KICKERS.

Danny....NO BASKETBALL JERSEY???? WTF???

Justin......Fucking Rockin.....Head bangin like never before Stomping during the end of Aenema was a thrill

Adam...looking like the undead, per-usual...Solo of Jambi is Frampton-esque and almost steals the show. Maynard dancing during it was quite the spectacle.

The show stopper in Toronto was the same in Detroit. LATERALIS. There is a whole different energy when they preform that song. Being that they played my fav (Roseta Stoned), understand that this is an unbias opinion. You actually feel it when they play Lateralis.

Both Toronto and Detroit had really great,TOOL type of crowds. Knowledgable and fiending for every note.

A few special thanks before I cut out,

Thanks to Rob, Jeff, And Brian (my brother), for a great time in Detroit and for laughing when I pulled over at Crooks and I-75 to throw up. Half a 5th of Citron on the way there mixed with the Capt when I got there...moral?? dont mix 'em. Beth can tell you I was a bit Tipsey.

Thanks to Sean for hitting the road with me to Toronto. It was his first TOOL show and he did great. LOL

Thanks to the couple at that HOT and.....i forget restaraunt in Toronto,we didnt park near the venue there and were very thankful for the tip.

Thanks to the guy and gal we sat next to in TORONTO....It's nice meeting new people and when it's there 1st Tool show, seeing their amazment makes it feel like i'm a TOOL-VIRGIN all over again.

And Finally...Thanks to the Asshole at the border....You know if you quit being so fucking chatty I wont have to wait 30 minutes to get back into my own fuckin country and at 3:30 in the morning I can be a real bastard. But I'm not reatarded so I didnt say a word to him. LOL I did want to go home!
OFFLINE |