View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 06:04 AM   #44
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

He was so loud, he sure could yell.

My 4th time seeing Tool. This was my favorite Tool experience. I had a lot of stuff to say, but most of it has already been said. Finally got great seats for Tool - Sec. 201, Row J. Sweet.

Maynard in a Leafs jersey during Stinkfist was sweet, though I was probably one of a few hockey fans at the show that appreciated it. Looked like a McCabe jersey (24) but maybe it was personalized. There were no - NO - weak moments in the show. Every song was unbelievable, though Wings/Days, Lateralus and Aenema were easily the highlights.

Lasers are cool.

Memorable moments:
forty-six & 2 - the drum part at the end - OMFG!
Rosetta Stoned - hearing/ singing the "overwhelmed" part.
Singing Happy Birthday - I thought he said Tara, but we'll go with Carol. Either way, it was cool.
Wings/ Days - nothing less than a spiritual experience.
Lateralus - sames as above.
Maynard (before Aenema) - "Go home, eh."
Aenema - peformed live is beyond description. The crowd went nuts.

A couple of disappointing things. First, Maynard true to form did not talk to the crowd a lot, but damn. He always has something witty to say and it's a shame he doesn't do it more.

Second, to the annoying heavy set chick beside me - F-YOU! I think it's a rule that at least one person has to ruin the concert experience. This girl showed up with here three friends, but uh... there were only 2 empty seats beside me. So, on top of having no room, she stood there like a statue the whole night, arms folded, smoking the occasional cigarette, claping ONCE after 10,000 Days. I thought thrashing around like a fool during Stinkfist would be enough of a hint for her. It didn't work. But I didn't let it ruin my night.

Maynard, Adam, Danny, Justin - THANK YOU FOR KICKING ASS! That was a night I'll never forget.

M, S, J - NP4L!! OWW!
OFFLINE |