View Single Post
phishman1's Avatar phishman1
05-15-2006, 03:02 PM

Yes, that is exactly what is sounds like. That last sound (I refuse to call it a 'gong', as it is clearly not a gong) definitely sounds like they recorded Justing slamming a note out on the bass guitar, as you can hear the strings rattle. It sounds like they just recorded it, amplified the hell out of it, EQ'd it, and then added a bunch of other effects. If you listen closely, you'll notice that the string rattle is repeated 4 or 5 times (delay), them fades out. I agree with the others that it's supposed to represent the closing of a coffin or a door.

....and, of course, I could be completely wrong. Who knows. Whatever it is, it's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumny
to me, the final hit before tenthousanddays starts, sounds like a bass guitar, recorded without it's signal, but instead with a mic recording the sound of the string rumbling. then of course, the delay carries the part over until the basses signal returns, and commences part ii.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #33
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467
Re: The Final GONG At The End.....

Yes, that is exactly what is sounds like. That last sound (I refuse to call it a 'gong', as it is clearly not a gong) definitely sounds like they recorded Justing slamming a note out on the bass guitar, as you can hear the strings rattle. It sounds like they just recorded it, amplified the hell out of it, EQ'd it, and then added a bunch of other effects. If you listen closely, you'll notice that the string rattle is repeated 4 or 5 times (delay), them fades out. I agree with the others that it's supposed to represent the closing of a coffin or a door.

....and, of course, I could be completely wrong. Who knows. Whatever it is, it's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumny
to me, the final hit before tenthousanddays starts, sounds like a bass guitar, recorded without it's signal, but instead with a mic recording the sound of the string rumbling. then of course, the delay carries the part over until the basses signal returns, and commences part ii.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote