View Single Post
fugitive538's Avatar fugitive538
05-07-2006, 07:05 AM

Very nice find, congratulations! I think it is more than possible.

EDIT: i counted them, maybe im wrong, but there are only 9 gongs before the music starts, or if we count those that are whilst the guitars are playing, but before the vocals come in, then it is more than 11, its 13 or so.
It still might be the ticking of a clock, i like the idea of the timeline symbolism, but than the 12th gong theory is wrong...

Or an other idea: maybe 12 gongs represent the life of a human, but her life cannot be finished until Maynard makes peace with his memory. So the clock keeps ticking.
And when Maynard reaches the conclusion, that now it is time for him to let her go, then can the final gong be heard. No matter it has passed twelve now.
What about this?

Last edited by fugitive538; 05-07-2006 at 09:12 AM..
Old 05-07-2006, 07:05 AM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: The Final GONG At The End.....

Very nice find, congratulations! I think it is more than possible.

EDIT: i counted them, maybe im wrong, but there are only 9 gongs before the music starts, or if we count those that are whilst the guitars are playing, but before the vocals come in, then it is more than 11, its 13 or so.
It still might be the ticking of a clock, i like the idea of the timeline symbolism, but than the 12th gong theory is wrong...

Or an other idea: maybe 12 gongs represent the life of a human, but her life cannot be finished until Maynard makes peace with his memory. So the clock keeps ticking.
And when Maynard reaches the conclusion, that now it is time for him to let her go, then can the final gong be heard. No matter it has passed twelve now.
What about this?

Last edited by fugitive538; 05-07-2006 at 09:12 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote