View Single Post
scar's Avatar scar
05-05-2006, 09:45 AM

i listened to these songs at least a few dozen times before i got this idea. at the beginning of "wings," there are eleven "gong" sounds, or at least what seem to be representations of clock bells. there are eleven of them before the music kicks in, the next one being at the end of the song. i believe the song (wings for marie) is told in the time of her "eleventh hour." a euphemism for the final moments before death. he obviously talks of her, or to her, more in the present tense in part 1. then after the 12th "gong" at the end of "wings," she is now gone and the story in part 2 is told from what seems to be a eulogistic, or mournful point of view.
i believe that this "gong" represents her death.
did all of that make sense? if not, can someone that does understand what i'm trying to say, please explain it correctly?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
The Final GONG At The End.....

i listened to these songs at least a few dozen times before i got this idea. at the beginning of "wings," there are eleven "gong" sounds, or at least what seem to be representations of clock bells. there are eleven of them before the music kicks in, the next one being at the end of the song. i believe the song (wings for marie) is told in the time of her "eleventh hour." a euphemism for the final moments before death. he obviously talks of her, or to her, more in the present tense in part 1. then after the 12th "gong" at the end of "wings," she is now gone and the story in part 2 is told from what seems to be a eulogistic, or mournful point of view.
i believe that this "gong" represents her death.
did all of that make sense? if not, can someone that does understand what i'm trying to say, please explain it correctly?