View Single Post
randomhero8823's Avatar randomhero8823
05-04-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumMind
I know this may seem a little strange but it makes sense. I was wondering what the meaning of 10000 days was so I did a little research. I can tell from the lyrics that it is about his mom dying, but what is the significance of 10000 days. Well I found out that his mom had a stroke and was paralyized when Maynard was 11 he talks about this in the song jimmy "What was it like to see, The face of your own stability, Suddenly look away, Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?, Eleven and she was gone. Eleven is when we waved good-bye. Eleven is standing still,". With this in mind the song Judith is about how mad he was at god for doing this to his mom [1]. Now if you think of when his mom died, on June 18th 2003, and when maynard was 11 years old April 17, 1975 - April 16, 1976 do the math and it is right around 10000 days. So this song is about him accepting his mom's death and "10000 days in the fire is long enough, your going home" is saying that it is finally time for his mom to leave this hell on earth and to go where she belongs.

[1]
You're such an inspiration
For the ways
That I'll never ever choose to be
Oh so many ways for me to show you
How your savior has abandoned you

(FUCK Your God)
Your Lord, your Christ
(He did this)
Took all you had and
(Left you this way)
Still you pray, never stray, never
(Taste of the fruit)
Never thought to question why

It's not like you killed someone
It's not like you drove a hateful spear
Into his side
Praise the one who left you
Broken down and paralyzed
He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...

Oh so many ways
For me to show you
How your dogma has abandoned you

(Pray)
To your Christ, to your God
(Never taste of the fruit)
Never stray, never break, never
(Choke on a lie)
Even though he's the one who
(Did this to you)
You never thought to question why

It's not like you drove a spiteful spear
Into his side
Talk to Jesus Christ
As if he knows the reasons why
He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...

If you would like some good answers on Judith look no further than Maynard himself and go and buy the latest APC dvd aMOTION and listen to the great commentary on Judith (as well as the others) and he explains the song quite well.......it's not so much that he is angry at God but more so at the hippocrites who came to see his mom and told her how strong in her faith she was, then turn around and talk about her behind her back. After listening to the commentary it helps out alot with other songs like Jimmy and 10,000 days as well.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #92
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1657
Re: The real meaning of 10000 Days (worth reading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumMind
I know this may seem a little strange but it makes sense. I was wondering what the meaning of 10000 days was so I did a little research. I can tell from the lyrics that it is about his mom dying, but what is the significance of 10000 days. Well I found out that his mom had a stroke and was paralyized when Maynard was 11 he talks about this in the song jimmy "What was it like to see, The face of your own stability, Suddenly look away, Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?, Eleven and she was gone. Eleven is when we waved good-bye. Eleven is standing still,". With this in mind the song Judith is about how mad he was at god for doing this to his mom [1]. Now if you think of when his mom died, on June 18th 2003, and when maynard was 11 years old April 17, 1975 - April 16, 1976 do the math and it is right around 10000 days. So this song is about him accepting his mom's death and "10000 days in the fire is long enough, your going home" is saying that it is finally time for his mom to leave this hell on earth and to go where she belongs.

[1]
You're such an inspiration
For the ways
That I'll never ever choose to be
Oh so many ways for me to show you
How your savior has abandoned you

(FUCK Your God)
Your Lord, your Christ
(He did this)
Took all you had and
(Left you this way)
Still you pray, never stray, never
(Taste of the fruit)
Never thought to question why

It's not like you drove a hateful spear
Into his side
Praise the one who left you
Broken down and paralyzed
He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...

Oh so many ways
For me to show you
How your dogma has abandoned you

(Pray)
To your Christ, to your God
(Never taste of the fruit)
Never stray, never break, never
(Choke on a lie)
Even though he's the one who
(Did this to you)
You never thought to question why

It's not like you drove a spiteful spear
Into his side
Talk to Jesus Christ
As if he knows the reasons why
He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...

He did it all for you...

If you would like some good answers on Judith look no further than Maynard himself and go and buy the latest APC dvd aMOTION and listen to the great commentary on Judith (as well as the others) and he explains the song quite well.......it's not so much that he is angry at God but more so at the hippocrites who came to see his mom and told her how strong in her faith she was, then turn around and talk about her behind her back. After listening to the commentary it helps out alot with other songs like Jimmy and 10,000 days as well.